Infor’s Ara Ohanian named NYIT Entrepreneur-in-Residence
Infor SVP Ara Ohanian has been selected as the 2015-2016 entrepreneur-in-residence by the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) School of Management Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (SOM-CES).
Ohanian's new role aligns with Infor CEO Charles Phillips' commitment to promote entrepreneurship and diversity in the workplace. With Infor's headquarters in New York, Phillips particularly encourages such efforts tied to technology innovation in cooperation with area schools and universities.
"Heightened levels of entrepreneurial behavior and diversity drive more innovation," Ohanian said. "This collaboration with NYIT's Center for Entrepreneurship is a testament to our Infor CEO's passion for promoting more diversity and greater entrepreneurial spirit at work."
As NYIT entrepreneur-in-residence, Ohanian is consulting, coaching and mentoring, including:
- Assisting to create and recruit a Global Advisory Board (GAB) of entrepreneurs and experts/executives in residence
- Advising students, faculty or staff who are launching businesses
- Assisting SOM-CES Business Incubator residents to develop business models and go-to-market strategy, technology commercialization and product development plans, and identify viable financing options, and other startup consultation needs.
- Helping the SOM-CES ED form and develop corporate partnerships and funding opportunities
- Supporting the development of a 3- to 5-year strategic plan for the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
"Mr. Ohanian is a global entrepreneur and executive with a solid track record building new cloud-based global businesses in the enterprise software space," said SOM-CES Executive Director D. Bernard Webster. "He has led sales organizations delivering robust double-digit growth and new client acquisitions in over 45 countries, and is an innovator in the field of mobile content deliveries, and performance impact measurement."
Ohanian is Infor SVP and general manager for Infor Local.ly, Infor's cloud for ERP localization and financial compliance. From 1996 to 2013, Ohanian served as president and chief executive officer of CERTPoint Corp. (acquired by Infor in 2013), a global player delivering product and brand knowledge to some of the world's most powerful brands. Prior to his time at CERTPoint, he led an international business management readiness program with the late Nobel Laureate Wassily Leontief, where they developed and ran a series of successful entrepreneurship preparation programs for the US Agency for International Development (USAID). Ohanian resides on Long Island, N.Y., with his wife and three children.
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours