Durst Increases Process Speed with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Durst, an operator of high-end plumbing fixture brand JACLO, has successfully implemented Infor Distribution SX.e. Durst uses two separate business divisions consisting of decorative plumbing manufacturing and plumbing supply distribution. Infor Distribution SX.e provides them with the built-in functionality to help more effectively manage both sectors of the business.
- Infor Distribution SX.e delivers embedded pricing information and the ability to import documents directly from Durst's document management system, helping to significantly speed order entry and processing. Reduced manual entry requirements also give users the agility to make changes to orders more quickly and easily and help to minimize data errors for increased order accuracy.
- While Durst's previous legacy Supply House Information Management system (SHIMS) updated financial data at the end of each month, Infor Distribution SX.e now automatically updates information in real-time, facilitating improved budgeting decisions through greater insight into company spending.
- Durst implemented the Infor Enterprise Performance Accelerator Kit (EPAK), which provides tools to more efficiently train employees by documenting critical business processes. Capturing this information also provides Durst with the visibility to objectively evaluate and improve established processes.
- Durst plans to implement Infor ION in the future to integrate Infor Distribution SX.e with other Infor and third-party systems, including an Infor Barcode application.
"We're more than a distribution company. We do our own finishing, assembling and machining, so we needed to have both distribution and manufacturing capabilities in an ERP solution," said Chris Pike, COO, Durst. "Infor Distribution SX.e enables us to run both sides of our business more efficiently. There aren't many vendors out there who have an ERP solution with that type of functionality, so Infor was the clear choice for our needs."
"Infor SX.e is designed to help diverse companies like Durst reduce complexity by automating and simplifying end-to-end operations," said Andy Berry, VP and general manager, Distribution, Infor. "With the ability to enhance order entry, inventory and warehouse management, Infor provides businesses with the necessary technology to help them improve service to customers."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Distribution
- Infor Distribution Video Journal
- Infor Distribution Blog
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
About Durst Corporation
Durst Corporation provides pure plumbing solutions and heating products to hardware stores, supply houses and big-box stores nationwide. JACLO, a separate company division, is a high-end plumbing product line that provides custom designed and manufactured decorative plumbing fixtures to show rooms and hotels. JACLO products enhance the bathroom suites in the stunning MGM SkyLofts in Las Vegas, and JACLO shower hoses, shower heads and handshowers can be found in upgraded units at properties like The Essex House in New York City, the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, and The Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruidoso, New Mexico. For more information, visit www.durstcorp.com/ or www.jaclo.com.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours