Ferrari Drives Manufacturing Operations with Infor
ATLANTA - Feb 02, 2011
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving over 70,000 customers, today announced the extension of its relationship with Ferrari, which has decided to migrate its information systems based on Baan IV to the latest version of Infor ERP LN.
* In 1998 Ferrari adopted ERP Baan IV for its production plant to cover the main production processes for sports cars, racing cars and spare parts.
* The system has become a major part of Ferrari's IT architecture and has been adapted over the years to meet Ferrari's business requirements and integrate to other systems.
* In July 2010, after several months of analysis and evaluation, Ferrari decided to migrate the information system based on Baan IV to the latest Infor ERP LN version. The migration project is expected to be completed during the summer of 2011.
* Infor ERP LN is well suited to the organizational model of Ferrari as it provides a good level of flexibility and functionality to meet the needs of the business. The solution is flexible and technologically advanced in order to handle the complexity of the infinite number of customizations that can be required by each customer. ERP LN improves processes and the efficiency of the logistics supply chain at all stages of manufacturing for Ferrari.
* Infor ERP LN offers a wide range of features that meet the needs of project-based and discrete manufacturing companies. The solution provides flexible support to the business in all areas, from sales and sourcing to production and implementation of the project. ERP LN provides visibility into the entire business, helping to automate and manage processes, and improving the transparency of the strategic information needed to address business challenges.
What Infor says:
"Ferrari is a manufacturing icon, long held as the standard-bearer in quality production and class," said Enza Fumarola, vice president, Southern Region ERP Sales EMEA, Infor. "The migration of its operations to ERP LN and the extension of Infor's partnership with Ferrari will enable us to play a large role in the company's continued excellence and growth through the support of all production stages - from production planning to process management, cost and quality."
Infor is a leading provider of business applications, with over 8,000 employees serving over 70,000 customers in 125 countries. Infor focuses on two core beliefs: the importance of constant innovation and the value of laser focus on its customers. Infor delivers software that is simple to buy, easy to deploy, and convenient to manage.
Infor's focus on automating key business processes and integrating over 70 acquisitions of proven and widely deployed application products has served its customers well. These customers include:
* 8 of the top 10 aerospace companies
* 9 of the top 10 high tech companies
* 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
* 80 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
* 19 of the top 35 retailers
* 9 of the top 20 electrical distributors
* 4 of the top 5 brewers
* Over 1,100 apparel and footwear companies
* Over 1,100 state and local government agencies
* Over 3,000 financial services companies
* Over 7,000 machinery manufacturers
For additional information about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
- Press Releases