Gagan Polycot (India) Limited Goes Live with Infor LN
Mumbai, India. February 25, 2013. Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Gagan Polycot (India) Ltd. a well-diversified company engaged in manufacturing plastic injection moulded components and trading products in the textile industry, has gone live with Infor LN with the help of Infor partner Merino Services, a business consulting and IT services organisation.
News Points / Achievements
- Gagan Polycot (India) Ltd. needed financial consolidation at apex level, integrated workflow for business control and to enable integration with add-on products to support the growth of business. The company has diversified operations across multiple locations which were unified on a single platform with Infor LN.
- Gagan Polycot deployed Infor LN and integrated the human resource management, purchasing and inventory systems for online transaction processing from all locations, to provide faster availability of information.
- Prior to deploying Infor LN, Gagan Polycot used Tally software. Gagan Polycot moved to the Infor LN application because of faster estimated time of implementation and Infor's expertise in specialised industry applications and support to provide a well-suited application for Gagan Polycot's complex business scenario.
Gagan Polycot (India) Limited quote:
"The company wishes to implement its vision as a leader in promoting change in the desired direction with responsible moves to align entire workforce behaviours in order to achieve our goals. One of which is being achieved through the extensive use of the Infor application for our business activities to automate and consolidate the data across various branches," says Prajwal Patel, Director, Gagan Polycot (India) Limited.
Merino Services quote:
"Gagan Polycot success is important for Merino from two aspects, it reiterates Merino's commitment and capability in the textile industry; and it also brings in new industry vertical for Merino - Plastic Injection Moulding," says Rishi Bansal, Vice President - Global Business, Merino Services.
Mr. Souma Das, Vice President, Sales and Managing Director, India said: "At Infor, we take pride in serving our customers with latest business software solutions by continually developing our solutions. We believe in actively engaging with customers and partners to provide the solutions that meet their requirements and address their challenges. Merino Services has always helped us deliver best quality solutions to our clients."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor LN http://www.infor.in/product_summary/erp/ln/
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
About Gagan Polycot India Limited
Gagan Polycot India Limited was incorporated on June 10, 1988 as a private limited company in the name and style of Gagan Sales Private Limited in the state of Maharashtra under the Companies act, 1956. The Company was converted to public limited company on February 01, 1995 under the name and the name of the company was changed to Gagan Polycot Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation was obtained on March 01, 1995. GPIL made its initial public offer of equity shares on August 28, 1995 and listed the same on Bombay (BSE), Ahmadabad, Vadodara and Delhi Stock Exchanges.
At present The Company has successfully established both the lines:
- Trading - Textile Industry
- Manufacturing - Plastic Industry (Disposable Surgical Products)
Gagan Polycot India Limited is engaged in the manufacture of Plastic Injection Moulded components covering Medical, Cosmetic, Engineering, Automotive, Industrial Packaging Solutions, Lifestyle Products, Healthcare Products and other critical and non-critical areas.
The Company is on the verge of expansion in the Disposable surgical division for which the procurement of the machines and the development has already started and planning to inaugurate it in April 2013.
# # #
- Press Releases