Glynn County Selects Infor to Empower Civic Action
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Glynn County, home of popular tourist destinations Jekyll Island and St. Simons Island, has successfully implemented Infor Mobile Citizen Request to complement its existing Infor Public Sector solution. Located along the southeastern coast of Georgia, Glynn County aptly named their application "Glynn Connect." The county utilizes the mobile application to promote faster, easier submission and fulfillment of work orders by allowing citizens to send requests directly from their smartphone devices.
- Glynn County officials wanted to elevate its standard of customer service by providing a user-friendly application that the average citizen could employ to communicate with their local government. After its release in May 2013, county officials selected Infor Mobile Citizen Request to meet this need by endowing the public with a tool to report and monitor service requests.
- Infor Mobile Citizen Request directly connects with Infor Public Sector, allowing users to submit and update work orders from virtually any location at any time. This helps Glynn County to make repairs and address concerns faster and with greater efficiency.
- An interactive map enables users to automatically pinpoint the location of their request and even upload a photo, saving time and resources as Glynn County's public works and customer service employees no longer need to manually key in these addresses.
- Employees can also consolidate submissions onto a single map to view multiple service request locations simultaneously. This provides greater visibility into issues experienced by the public so the county can prioritize responses to focus on issues affecting larger population segments, and better determine the true source for concerns such as excessive mosquitos or reoccurring vandalism.
- The ultimate goal for Glynn County is to achieve two-way communication using the application, which allows decision-makers to respond directly to citizens and promote greater civic collaboration.
Glynn County Quote
"Infor Mobile Citizen Request is improving the way we communicate with our citizens, and for any organization to have longevity, communication has to be a priority," said Candice Temple, public information officer, Glynn County. "We believe that providing cutting edge technology will project a forward-thinking image of our government to the public and help us keep pace with user expectations of 24/7 access to information."
"Infor is providing local governments like Glynn County with technology that promotes a hands-on approach to upkeep in the community," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "By consolidating service request tracking into a unified mobile format, Infor is helping to empower citizens and delivering greater visibility into daily operations so governments can better respond to public demand."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/publicsector/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About Glynn County
Glynn County is located along the southeastern coast of Georgia and is one of the state's eight original counties. Glynn County encompasses the state's most prominent islands including Jekyll Island, St. Simons Island and Sea Island. For more information, visit www.glynncounty.org.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours