Infor Announces Inaugural Indian Fashion Seminar Series
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced it will hold its inaugural inPOWER Fashion Industry seminar this week in Mumbai, on the 6th and New Delhi on 8th February 2013. Covering both the domestic and export markets, the seminar will span not only manufacturing, but also sourcing, supply chain and retail issues.
- The inaugural Infor Indian fashion industry seminars will address business critical issues affecting the dynamic yarn, textile and apparel industries and markets:
- Robert McKee, global fashion industry strategy director, Infor, will highlight the global macro-economic climate in which Indian fashion now operates, as India becomes a growing consumer market - not just a producer of fashion and luxury goods.
- McKee will situate textile manufacturing in India’s economic mix, highlighting the likely growth issues that will need to be overcome to drive Indian fashion manufacturing and retail forward.
- Infor will also deliver key insights into the supply chain aspects of Indian fashion, including an assessment of the infrastructure development still needed.
- Special attention will be given to the yarn and leather goods industries that have already seen such strong growth in the Indian fashion industry.
- Leading industry experts will provide the opening address and host panel discussions. In Mumbai - Dr Paramanand Nayak, Member Secretary, Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. In New Delhi - Mr. Prashant Agarwal, Joint Managing Director, Wazir Advisors Private Limited, Subhajit Chakrabarty Director, IT&IS at Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), Gurgaon, India, and Dr Darlie Koshy Director General, Institute of Apparel Management, Gurgaon.
- Infor has developed a strong track record of working with more than 1,100 apparel and footwear companies globally including regional companies like Madura Fashion & Lifestyle and Shahi Exports Pvt. Ltd.
- At the event Infor will demonstrate how enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM) and product lifecycle management (PLM) applications that are specialised for the fashion industry can help fashion businesses to ease the growing costly burden of compliance and auditing, increase the agility of operations, improve efficiency and accelerate time-to-market.
- The event will be held at the Taj Lands End hotel in Mumbai and Le Meridien in New Delhi.
Robert McKee, fashion industry strategy director, Infor said: “India is set to undergo a profound shift from being an outsourced manufacturing destination, heavily dependent upon exports, to a vibrant, dynamic market of its own, importing fashion and developing original designs. As a result Indian fashion manufacturers and the entire apparel market are undergoing substantial growing pains. They now face increasing complexity and greater competitive pressures which has led many organisations to embrace technology in order to improve efficiency and drive innovation. Software applications that enable this evolution are vital to ensure Indian businesses can perform, succeed and thrive on a global stage.”
Souma Das, VP of sales and managing director, Infor India, said: “Infor applications are specialised by industry to enable fashion-based businesses to streamline sourcing and sample management, simplify design and product development, and automate sales, manufacture and supply chain processes right into the hands of the consumer. These events will showcase our breadth of capability and expertise in the global fashion industry.”
For more information on the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.in
- Press Releases
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours