Infor Announces Inaugural Indian Food and Beverage Seminar
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced it will hold InPower, its inaugural food and beverage industry seminar series in Mumbai, India on the 6th February 2013 and in New Delhi on 8th February. Focussing keenly on domestic manufacture and logistics, the seminar will address the key issues facing the industries within the Indian food and beverage market.
- The inaugural Infor Indian food and beverage industry seminar will address the main drivers within the food and beverage industry across four categories:
- Discussion of the macro-economic environment will include the pressure created by increasing raw material shortages and rising costs as well as the increasing power of the largest retailers to reduce prices.
- An examination of current regulations will include topics such as carbon emissions, food safety legislation and chemical usage.
- Looking at the changing market dynamics, the seminar will cover the likely consolidation and pressures on cost as the battle for market share is fought
- A discussion of technology will span traceability, supply chain collaboration and analytics.
- The event will include a panel discussion from leading industry organisations and also a presentation from Devangshu Dutta, chief executive of Third Eyesight www.thirdeyesight.in, a specialist consulting firm focused on the consumer products and retail sector.
- Infor has more than 1,500 customers in food and beverage across almost 100 countries, including six of the world’s top10 brewers.
- The events will be held at the Taj Lands End in Mumbai and Le Meridien in New Delhi. Registration can be made here http://www.theyounion.in/infor/fandb/infor-landing-fandb.htm
“Changing consumer preferences are forcing manufacturers to innovate and introduce new products throughout the Indian market,” said Souma Das, managing director and sales VP, India, Infor. “But amidst this drive to be first to market there are many issues to face. Concerns over product quality, especially in terms of consistency throughout the supply chain and the challenges of an often difficult supply chain infrastructure, top the list.
“This is set against a backdrop of rising raw material and transportation costs, an increasing regulatory burden and one of the most dynamic consolidation periods of recent history. It is amidst this incredible opportunity that we will use our inaugural seminar to show Indian food manufacturers how they can impose control over issues of quality, yet still reduce the time from product development to market launch and adapt to a rapidly changing supply chain situation.
“Our food and beverage applications are built for manufacturing and supply companies that operate in a high volume, fast moving, low margin supply chain. Major retailers are demanding 98 percent or higher service levels to their large distributors; lower prices and compliance with ever stricter quality standards and regulations. Therefore supply chain visibility and speed are critical, which are exactly what Infor applications help deliver.”
For more information on the event please contact email@example.com
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Food & Beverage
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.in
About Third Eyesight
Third Eyesight’s clients include market-leaders and brand-leaders with annual sales of over US$ 80 billion, with whom it works in a variety of strategic and operational areas including market entry and new business start up, product development, sourcing and supply chain, and corporate / M&A strategy. Third Eyesight has consulted to clients in sectors including food & grocery, fashion, home & lifestyle, quick service restaurants, consumer services, information technology and social development.
- Press Releases