Infor Announces New Technology Platform, Infor Xi
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced Infor Xi, an enterprise technology platform for next-generation applications. Building on its current Infor 10x platform, Infor Xi will deliver a major step in achieving the company's vision for cloud applications that address specific industry needs with responsive design infused with machine-learning and big data analytics.
"Modern technologies like the cloud, big data, machine-learning, and mobility have created new and exciting engines for innovation and increased the pressure on companies to stay current and competitive," said Duncan Angove, president of Infor. "Infor has spent more than a billion dollars in research and development that will culminate in Infor Xi-powered applications that will help our customers stay ahead of the game in today's rapidly-evolving global business climate."
The three major pillars of Infor Xi are:
- Enhanced Cloud - Infor Xi applications will include multi-tenancy and support for open source systems, helping speed performance, boost scale and reduce cost. Infor will leverage Amazon Web Services' cloud infrastructure to allow customers to take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale, and leading open source solutions including Red Hat's Enterprise Linux and JBoss Enterprise Middleware, and EnterpriseDB's Postgres Plus database
- Mobile-First Design - Applications will be engineered to publish standard application programming interfaces (APIs) that further enable Infor to differentiate on user experience through responsive design that delivers real-time data and analytics optimized for specific mobile devices
- Advanced Science - Powered by Infor Dynamic Science Labs, applications will help companies make decisions with the predictive power of science, anticipating problems and responding with solutions, uncovering opportunities and recommending next steps, and helping answer an organization's most pressing questions
Infor Xi builds upon the company's latest enterprise release, Infor 10x, which was delivered in 2013 and featured a reinvented HTML5 user experience (SoHo), the Infor Ming.le social collaboration platform and pervasive in-context analytics embedded throughout workflows packaged within the Infor ION® integration framework.
Infor is delivering elements of Infor Xi now, and will roll the platform out across its product suites, including Infor CloudSuiteTM industry suites, enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise asset management (EAM), human capital management (HCM), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply chain management (SCM).
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest U.S. healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America