Infor Applications Specialized for Healthcare to Support Growth at Ardent Health
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Ardent Health Services, a leading hospital and health plan company based in Nashville, Tenn., has decided to expand its existing relationship with Infor, and implement additional Healthcare-specific modules to streamline the human resource management and financials function at the organization. Specifically, Ardent will benefit from Absence Management and Employee and Manager Self-Service, part of the Infor Human Resource Management suite, and Project Accounting and Lease Management, part of the Infor Healthcare Financial Management suite. With the enhanced capabilities to manage both HR tasks and capital spend, Ardent will be better equipped to centralize, and optimize business processes across its growing care delivery network.
- Ardent Health was looking to increase efficiency and standardize applications organization-wide. The team decided to expand with Infor because of the company's reputation in the healthcare space and proven successful track record within their organization in the past.
- Project Accounting will act as the information bridge between the needs of the operational accounting and corporate financial accounting functions. In addition, this module will provide Ardent with a centralized repository for maintaining and analyzing information related to individual projects, whether the end product is a fixed asset, a services deliverable, or a strategic review of internal operations - providing staff with the tools to organize and manage the life cycle for Ardent's contract, capital investment and internal projects.
- Ardent will also benefit from the Lease Management module, which will help to maintain tighter control over leased assets. From start to finish, this application automatically tracks, calculates and manages payment schedules, rents and lease obligations. Lease Management will allow Ardent to take advantage of bar code inventory tracking, replacing inefficient manual processes to streamline manual data entry and increase accuracy.
- Due to a recent acquisition, Ardent was looking for a solution to help reduce the costs and administrative burden associated with setting up and managing multiple time-off plans, while improving utilization of human capital. Absence Management is a full-featured and highly flexible leave management solution, which will allow staff at Ardent to setup and maintain a single time-off plan for different types of employees with employee group-specific rules governing accruals. Its robust rules engine accommodates variations in dates, enrollments, accrual calculations, service and eligibility determinations and other criteria, consistent with corporate policies.
- Finally, through Employee & Manager Self-Service, Ardent employees can take ownership of personal information, and managers will have a method for tracking and maintaining information about their staff. Human resource professionals can reduce administrative tasks and redirect their focus to activities that bring more strategic value to the organization.
Ardent Health Quote
"We've developed a long-term partnership with the Infor team, so this was an easy choice for us to further invest in their applications specialized for health care," said, Rick Keller, assistant vice president, Information Technology, Ardent Health Services. "The team is excited to reduce administrative time and provide more timely, detailed reports related to our capital spend. These new modules give us real-time, trusted data, so we can be more confident in making critical business decisions."
"For many healthcare organizations today, employee and financial policies and procedures have grown increasingly complex, and if not managed properly increase cost and risk," said Steve Fanning, vice president, Healthcare Industry Strategy, Infor. "Infor's applications are specialized to meet the specific needs of the healthcare industry and provide our customers with the tools they need to drive optimization and transformation, ultimately in support of improving cost-effective patient care."
About Ardent Health
Ardent Health Services invests in quality health care. In people, technology, facilities and communities, Ardent makes considerable investments - producing high quality care and extraordinary results.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent subsidiaries own and operate health systems in the U.S. Ardent's network includes 13 hospitals, three multi-specialty physician groups, three health plans and 11 retail pharmacies.
Combined, Ardent's health systems include:
- Capital Improvement Investments over Last 10 Years: $700 million
- Hospitals: 3 systems; 12 acute care hospitals and 1 rehab hospital
- Licensed Beds: 2,284
- Employees: 12,000
- Employed Physicians: 273
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours