Infor Brings New Vision to Healthcare Information Technology with Health 3.0 Initiative
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced at CHIME 2013, Infor Health 3.0, the company's vision for the future of Healthcare Information Technology (HIT), delivering a sophisticated platform that provides the information organizations and people need, when it's needed, to help healthcare organizations achieve the goal of high-quality, affordable care. The Infor Health 3.0 initiative responds to the core premise of value-based reimbursement -that effective healthcare requires a team approach to care delivery with a patient-centered focus on clinical and administrative workflows that leverage recent HIT investments.
Infor Healthcare solutions move beyond key operational areas by leveraging new technologies, such as social networking, cloud computing and big data, to deliver connected, patient-focused solutions that are inherently collaborative and intuitive for users. Key applications such as Infor Ming.le, Infor Learning Management, Infor Lawson Recall Management, Infor Medical Device Integration (MDI), Infor Lawson Clinical Bridge and Infor Epiphany Interaction Advisor are designed to improve outcomes for the healthcare organization of the future.
Infor Health 3.0 includes a comprehensive set of solutions that are individually focused on specific issues, but remain integrated to help organizations monitor the entire healthcare delivery process, including:
- Bridging Clinical and Operational Systems - With the Infor Lawson Clinical Bridge, healthcare organizations have pre-built adaptors for connecting Infor Lawson business applications and critical clinical systems such as Epic®, throughout the enterprise. These adaptors streamline key activities in areas such as the OR, and make this information available to users allowing for informed decision making. Eliminating data silos and making it easier to share information, helps healthcare organizations be more efficient, prevent errors, and increase patient satisfaction.
- Managing Recalls - Infor Recall Management helps healthcare providers identify, locate, and remove unsafe products, food, pharmaceuticals, equipment, and other items quickly and efficiently in response to mandatory or voluntary recalls, or other corrective actions. It solves the crucial need to quickly identify, recover, and properly dispose of recalled items to help improve patient safety and reduce risk and liability for the health organization.
- Medical Device Integration - Now, healthcare organizations can facilitate efficient and streamlined monitoring of both the inpatient and home healthcare, inclusive of alarm data, by embedding Infor Cloverleaf into monitoring equipment allowing for bidirectional communication with the implanted device, biomedical equipment, the EMR and other hospital information systems.
- Population Engagement - Helping patients make good lifestyle choices and sustain healthy behaviors can generate more value than later fixing preventable health problems. Understanding this, Infor Epiphany Interaction Advisor helps to cultivate a collaborative relationship between healthcare providers and patient populations, systematically supporting the positive actions patients take to improve their own health with the help of data-driven tools.
"Healthcare challenges are both complex and interrelated, while most HIT solutions are not. Monolithic technologies can frustrate comprehensive approaches to care because they are designed to serve different goals than the ones facing the industry today," said Barry P. Chaiken, M.D., chief medical information officer, Infor. "Infor Health 3.0 is our way of letting the industry know that we are evolving with it, keeping our solutions relevant and specialized to meet healthcare specific needs that help organizations efficiently provide the highest level of patient outcomes while facilitating financial sustainability."
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America