Infor Delivers Major Release of Infor LN
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced an enhanced version of Infor LN, which incorporates embedded social business technology. The latest version builds upon the Infor 10x platform to incorporate broad support for Infor Ming.le™, a comprehensive social collaboration platform. Infor LN is now able to provide users with a focused micro-vertical approach that is designed for faster, more meaningful interactions to change the way that tasks are accomplished.
The latest iteration of Infor LN, version 10.3, features a core group of enhancements that have been engineered to further improve the user experience. By fusing the modernized social business experience with a more vertical-driven emphasis, customers are able to directly benefit from collaboration on a company-wide scale to simplify business processes. Infor LN's collaboration features promote higher operational efficiency to reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Expanded Social Collaboration - The latest version of Infor LN now features Infor Ming.le to enhance social business value. Infor LN users can now collaborate, share content, and follow critical customers, orders or activities within the same user experience. This creates an improved level of communication and efficiency by uniting processes, people and events.
- Stronger Micro-vertical Focus - There are more than 160 enhancements that are specific to various industries and geographies within Infor LN. The latest version offers a new level of asset and cost control for companies that require advanced project management. The application also provides capabilities in quality management and finance, with production control advancements for automotive suppliers. New cost controls for warranty and claims management enhance visibility to help minimize loss of claims due from suppliers while maximizing service level agreements with customers. Infor LN supports reporting for the United States Department of Defense as well as added visibility into contract profitability and funding analysis.
- Simplified Integration - The enhanced release of Infor LN utilizes the Infor 10x technology stack to streamline integrations as well as provide advanced business intelligence with the Infor Business Vault.
- Technology enhancement in the core - The latest version of Infor LN shifts session technology away from Java Swing with the introduction of HTML 5. Additionally, this development includes a new dynamic enterprising modeling (DEM) authorization report to increase efficiency for managing business processes and significant performance improvement in the upgrade process. Core enhancements have been introduced to this version in an effort to improve performance for table compression support, parallel processing of data reconfiguration and multi-language data.
BAE Systems Quote
"We require an ERP that allows us to achieve our objectives while utilizing fewer applications to ease the management process for our day-to-day activities," said John Booth, BAE Systems' head of project. "Infor LN and the associated application suite provide us with a flexible approach for delivering the core functionality that we require to help drive efficiency and affordability within our business."
"Our customers strive to achieve a more fluid process for product development and this latest version of Infor LN meets those demands by providing a unique toolset to blend speed, tactical control and intelligent social collaboration from start to finish," said Edward Talerico, industry director, Infor. "Using the Infor 10x foundational platform, our customers are able to grow and tailor investments to fit the specific needs or their industry and company."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor LN - www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/ln/
- Infor 10x platform - http://go.infor.com/10x/infor-10x/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America