Infor Delivers Multi-Tenant ERP for Manufacturing Verticals
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced an enhanced version of Infor LN, delivering deeper vertical and micro-vertical functionality within manufacturing, with the goal of helping better align customers with business objectives and reducing the need for costly customization. Infor LN is the enterprise backbone for automotive, aerospace & defense, high tech and industrial manufacturing industries and is now multi-tenant enabled to support the industry specific needs of Infor CloudSuites. Infor believes that no two clouds are alike, so the latest iteration of Infor LN utilizes a tailored approach, helping customers focus on the unique manufacturing needs of their organization.
This update of Infor LN was designed with customer feedback in mind and provides functional enhancements to order management, invoicing, procurement, warehouse management, project planning and quality management. Infor LN is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that is aimed at managing everything from design to delivery, with a specialized out-of-the-box approach that is customized for a specific industry or micro-vertical. Infor LN is available to customers via a cloud-hosted or on-premise deployment to better meet individual business requirements. The revamped user experience is designed by Hook & Loop, Infor's in-house creative agency.
- Core ERP Upgrades - The key manufacturing update allows for the handling of quarantine inventory (rejected items), first article inspections and quality tracking via the product serial code. The procurement process features a new requisition workbench, designed with Hook & Loop, to help buyers make more informed vendor selections and speed up the requisition request process. The credit and rebill features are intended to reduce the manual process of billing, while segment accounting allows customers to benefit from the simplicity of a single company ledger. Document management such as invoices and order acknowledgements can now be automatically emailed directly to customers and suppliers, which can help reduce staffing requirements.
- Industry Specific Enhancements - For all applicable micro-verticals, specific enhancements have been added to the product to help tailor functionality to specified needs of the industry. For manufacturers, Infor LN now contains the product configuration management (PCM) tool, which enables graphical product configuration. The after-market service support function has also been revised to boost planning, pricing and handling of customer owned parts. Manufacturing customers can also benefit from new customer furnished materials. In conjunction with newly enhanced auditing and override measures, Infor LN now provides better control to users. For automotive customers, specific quality management procedures are now built-in to support materials pricing.
- Revamped User Experience - The latest iteration of Infor LN provides significant upgrades to the user experience (UX). Infor LN now leverages HTML 5 in conjunction with Infor Ming.leTM, a comprehensive platform for social business collaboration. The pairing of an enhanced UX and more intuitive workflows can help to alleviate many day-to-day challenges and help support better decision-making. Users gain access to a singular view of the underlying data and various in-context analytics capabilities, such as analytics for the contract manager, project manager and quality manager, to further process these insights.
"Infor's investments are essential to the transition manufacturers should make in modernizing their applications and their enterprise architecture," said Kimberly Knickle, -Practice Director and Robert Parker, Group Vice President, International Data Corporation (IDC).1
"Customers come to us with specific micro-verticals needs, seeking to improve operations and while many challenges are similar, they do not want to customize our software to meet their industry specific requirements. That is why the latest version of Infor LN has been optimized to offer a tailored approach for enhancing operational efficiency for specific discrete manufacturers," said Edward Talerico, industry director, Infor. "Infor is carefully providing an approach designed to help meet the demands of the particular micro-vertical industries, regardless of size or even budget."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 10 of the top 10 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 22 of the 25 largest US healthcare delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 20 of the top 20 automotive suppliers
- 17 of the top 20 industrial distributors
- 16 of the top 20 global retailers
- 4 of the top 5 brewers
- 21 of the top 30 global banks
- 6 of the top 10 global luxury brands
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- Industrial Manufacturing
- North America