Infor Enhances Hotel Management in the Cloud
Infor, the industry cloud company, today announced the availability of Infor Hospitality Management Solution (HMS) 3.7.1 to help hospitality customers promote a superior guest experience with enhanced industry-specific features. In today's competitive market, relying on an integrated suite of applications such as Infor HMS is critical to help drive brand loyalty and facilitate measurable bottom-line results. Available in both a cloud environment and on-premise, the latest release of Infor HMS is designed to help hospitality organizations around the world increase efficiency, improve collaboration and speed services to guests.
"We originally selected Infor HMS in 2013 to provide a more complete solution for managing multiple hotel functions at Galt House Hotel, our 1,295 room property," said Ron Strecker, chief financial officer, Al J. Schneider Company. "After upgrading to the latest version of Infor HMS, we anticipate that its enhanced functionality will help us to further increase efficiency, particularly in regard to Accounts Receivable processes through the application's improved workflows."
- Expanded Mobile Options - The Infor HMS Housekeeping mobile application is a new app available for iPhone and iPod Touch. Housekeeping staff can become completely paperless by utilizing this application to view room assignments, make status updates and track guest details in real-time, all while moving from room to room within the property. This promotes greater speed and efficiency in daily tasks, allowing employees to complete more work over a shorter time period. Additionally, Infor HMS now offers mobile room key encoding through integration with Ingenico Mobile Solutions' iSMP CompanionTM, which allows hotel employees to encode guest keys while away from the front desk.
- New Leasing Module - Infor delivers a new Leasing Module specifically for the serviced apartments market. This module provides the ability to create leases for long-stay or short-stay guests, delivering flexible invoicing options and rate plans to help this niche hotel group better manage leasing and revenue for their lease-based customers.
- Enhanced Accounts Receivable Functionality - The latest version of Infor HMS provides enhanced functionality for its Accounts Receivable module, including improved workflows for accounting tasks, the ability to create centralized profiles with separately attached property accounts directly from the reservation screen, and more flexible invoicing. This helps hoteliers to not only manage Accounts Receivable more efficiently, but to also provide a better experience for meeting planners, corporate travel managers and other direct bill account contacts, who are essentially guests that may never set foot on property. By creating ease for these often overlooked influencers, organizations may experience faster collections and drive repeat business from segments that carry some of the lowest costs of distribution.
- Owner Room Rotation Capabilities - Infor HMS introduces owner room rotation functionality to better support the needs of condominium hotels. Users can now sequence rooms based on lowest point value to provide equal opportunity for rentals. The new feature also delivers capabilities to integrate with a specialized third-party condominium solution, which manages the owner accounting capabilities while Infor HMS handles the room rotation logic.
- Advanced Room Planning and Reporting - Infor HMS also delivers room planning and reporting enhancements designed to facilitate greater ease-of-use for employees and advanced drill-down capabilities for forecasting, including the ability to combine occupancy history and forecasting into one report to promote better-informed business decisions.
"We have continued to expand the global footprint of Infor HMS by consistently addressing the industry-specific challenges experienced by hotels and casinos around the world with new functionality in every release," said Stewart Applbaum, senior vice president and general manager, Infor Hospitality. "Technology plays a critical role in a hospitality organization's ability to mitigate rising costs while simultaneously providing the best possible services to guests. Infor HMS is built to promote both objectives, helping our customers to align business plans with strategic goals to better manage each area of their enterprise."
For more information on Infor Hospitality, please visit www.infor.com/industries/hospitality.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Press Releases
- North America