Infor Enhances M3 to Deliver High Frequency Planning for Fresh Food
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced it plans to deliver a range of enhancements to Infor M3, including the development of Infor M3 Fresh Food Planner (FFP) - a new application for companies that produce ultra-fresh food with shelf-life counted in days rather than weeks and months.
- Infor M3 FFP is designed to deliver a new way of planning fresh food production. The new concept of "forecast pacing" provides detailed insight into current and historical flow of orders - down to the hourly level. This helps manufacturers refine forecasts within the tool. Combined with the speed of reporting, this enables an efficient daily planning process.
- Unlike traditional planning solutions, FFP is designed to run directly on-top of the operational ERP database providing instant access to live data about current demand, supply and stock levels.
- With FFP the goal is for the planner to have the ability to adjust forecasted demand and plan production within the same application. This delivers total control over a rapidly changing situation for fresh food manufacturers.
"Fresh food manufacturers are continually caught between being out of stock and having stock that is past its shelf-life," said Patrik Sjoberg, product director, M3, Infor. "The window of maximum opportunity is based on having just the right stock at just the right time. We believe that in this context, accuracy in predicting stock needs more precisely increases revenue while reducing waste and write offs. Consequently, accurate demand planning is absolutely critical."
"In addition, retailers want a greater share of shelf-life to remain when the product is shipped from the manufacturer. This narrows the time-window for planning and production even more. The ongoing demand for customer choice results in growing portfolios and means that a manufacturer has less time to plan each product. Simply put, fresh food manufacturers have to be the fastest, most agile business they possibly can be and we believe that, to do that, technology such as the FFP is going to be a source of real competitive advantage."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Food and Beverage - www.infor.com/industries/food-beverage/
- Infor M3 - www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/m3/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours