Infor helps Ferrari Report Sizable Production Increases
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Infor has helped Ferrari achieve substantial production growth using Infor LN and Infor ION. Ferrari leveraged its ERP upgrade to Infor LN to meet a growing global demand and increases in production quantity without compromising on quality.
Infor provides Ferrari with the unique capability to build 7,000 individual custom-configured vehicles a year in sequence while maintaining high operating line efficiencies and full sequencing with the supply chain. Ferrari is confident that the speed of transition from Baan to LN will contribute a significant rise in annual production volumes expected especially on the engine production side.
- Infor LN, together with Infor ION - Infor's Intelligent Open Network which provides connectivity between Ferrari's software applications, enables Ferrari to build individual custom configuration vehicles in sequence (in conjunction with the MES - Manufacturing Execution System), while maintaining a high level of operating line efficiencies within the supply chain. With Infor, Ferrari does not rely on multiple external sequencing, allowing for a decrease in complexity, risk, errors and cost.
- Ferrari uses Infor to raise efficiency throughout the organization. From order taking and manufacturing to the supply chain and providing the finished cars to customers. The process improvements allow Ferrari to obtain logistical supply chain efficiency at all stages of manufacturing.
- Ferrari uses ION to provide connectivity between Infor and non-Infor applications, providing integrated business processes such as order configuration, advanced planning and scheduling, assembly line scheduling and sequencing and asset maintenance and management.
- The solution will also enable Ferrari to optimize the supply chain processes, supporting the increase of production of engines for other members of the FIAT group such as Maserati.
"Infor has enabled us to reduce the number of anomalies in the system, further allowing us to streamline supply chain and production processes further," said Vittorio Boero, Ferrari Chief Information Officer. "Not only has Infor helped us to efficiently increase production volumes, but also helped us to established better relationships between many business departments and ICT."
"Ferrari is constantly in demand for greater agility in its production processes. Infor's products allow them to not only increase speed and efficiency but it also helps them to maintain a high level of production quality," said Warren Smith, director of global automotive market strategy, Infor. "Our companies have a great relationship supported by close communication so changes can be made more efficiently. We have the right ways of working in place to continue to make Ferrari highly effective in satisfying their global customer demands."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Ferrari Case Study - www.infor.com/content/casestudies/ferrari.pdf/
- Infor Becomes Official Supplier to Scuderia Ferrari
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Established in 1929, Ferrari is a truly iconic Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy with a name known around the world. Originally founded by Enzo Ferrari as Scuderia Ferrari, the company moved into the production of street-legal vehicles in 1947. Throughout its distinguished history, Ferrari has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One, where it has enjoyed great success as well as being an engineering, design and innovation leader in the high performance automobile market.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours