Infor Helps Merino Industries Bring Business Efficiency and Sustainable Growth
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced it has helped Merino Industries, India's leading mixed manufacturing conglomerate with a turnover of US$ 200 million, enable business efficiency and drive growth with an end-to-end technology solutions package that comprises Infor LN, Infor ION and Infor BI. Merino Industries selected Infor solutions for its 11 Lines of Business (LOBs) in 83 locations across the globe to help its operations respond quickly to changing business needs.
With a diverse business portfolio, Merino Industries was facing a major challenge having to make quicker business decisions in order to keep up with the growth and introduction of newer lines of business ventures. Infor LN solution helped Merino Industries create an IT infrastructure that was adaptive to change, agile and tightly integrated with the transformation of their business. Infor channel partner Merino Services Limited (MSL) was responsible for migrating the company swiftly to Infor LN and contributing to the overall productivity to the business. The knowledge, commitment, technical ability and responsiveness demonstrated by the MSL team was a key differentiator in the successful implementation of the solution at Merino Industries.
News Points / Achievements
- Being a versatile manufacturer and marketer, Merino Industries is constantly striving to expand its business across geographies. Merino Industries faces the challenge of adding newer lines of business on a regular basis as they explore and expand into diverse spheres quickly. With this business DNA, the company was in absolute need of a technology partner who could help them undertake agile decision making capabilities for continued and sustained growth of the organisation. Infor LN and Infor ION help Merino Industries create a robust business solution that was adaptable to change, standardized and transparent across processes bringing control into the overall system and contributed towards the decision making capabilities of the organisation.
- In a bid to transform its business processes to make it more efficient and profitable, Merino Industries needed a smart and robust technology solution that can help generate quick ROI to their long-term strategic growth plan. Infor LN solutions helped the company generate tangible results of more than 82% improvement in production planning accuracy within a short span of time through optimised utilisation of the company's working capital, improved production planning process and inventory management system. This further helped on-time delivery of products to customers whilst building supreme customer satisfaction.
- With each new business venture, Merino Industries also faced huge challenges in uniformly upgrading to more robust technology solutions as it was difficult for changes to be smoothly and quickly incorporated into every new line of business. Infor LN along with Infor's innovative product ION acted as catalysts to change, allowing new LOBs to adapt quickly to change management by using best practices embedded in the product. Infor ION is Infor's unique offering that helps integrate both Infor and third-party software applications with Infor's innovative Intelligent Open Network (ION). Merino Services was selected to implement Infor solutions based on their ability and experience of having implemented the solution in complex, multi-site, multi-geography manufacturing industries.
Merino Industries Quote
"At Merino, our endeavour is to provide product excellence through ethical and economical means of production. With an aim to generate greater productivity, Merino Industries strives towards achieving newer benchmarks in the industry every day. We are happy to associate with Infor as our technology partner-of-choice who have designed an innovative IT infrastructure helping us attain optimised results, through an easily adaptable and standardised IT framework, catering to our business success. Our conscious decision and faith in Infor's industry expertise helped us zero in on Infor solutions of Infor LN, Infor ION and BI solutions that have now been incorporated across business functions and we are absolutely confident they will continue to deliver business value and a competitive edge in the market place," says Sanjay Sarda, CIO, Merino Industries.
"We are proud and honoured to partner with Merino Industries and be a part of their growth plan. Our industry-specific solutions Infor LN and Infor ION help Merino Industries harness the power of technology to realize their business growth with speed and efficiency," said Atul Sareen, Managing Director, Infor India. "Infor will continue to develop enterprise applications that are beautiful, easy to use and purpose-built across different micro-verticals."
About Merino Group
Founded in 1968, the Merino Group is today a US$ 200 million group with diverse business interests which include Panel & Panel Products, Biotechnology (Agriculture & Food Processing) and Information Technology (IT). We are driven by our constant effort to maintain Economy, Excellence and Ethics in all our businesses. We export to 60 countries around the globe, and employ 3000 people across three manufacturing sites, 19 offices in India and an office in the U.S. To know more about the Merino Group, visit www.merinoindia.com.
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
We'll be in touch.