Infor Optiva Simplifies PLM Efficiency
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Optiva 11, a streamlined approach for product lifecycle management (PLM). Infor Optiva enables process manufacturers to make the process more efficient for product development, material selection, formulation, and new product introductions. Functional improvements include improved project management, an enhanced user experience, collaborative social functionality through Infor Ming.le and an upgrade to .Net 4.0, and validation for Windows SQL 2012 servers.
Infor Optiva 11 helps customers stay competitive by enabling them to develop high-quality products at a lower cost and launch them more quickly in the market place. The solution enhances the ability to deliver a high-quality product from a reliable, cost-efficient formula, while maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Infor Optiva 11 consolidates information into one repository and as a platform-neutral solution, can support systems from multiple vendors.
- Advanced Project Management - Workflow rescheduling allows users to adjust due date and duration on the fly with simplified drag and drop capability. The Stage Gate form includes Gantt chart project visualization and allows users to suspend, cancel or recalculate workflow scheduling.
- Transformative Collaboration - Infor Optiva 11 also supports Infor Ming.le, the comprehensive platform for social collaboration, business process improvement and contextual analytics. Based from the recent launch of Infor's 10X platform, Optiva 11 provides the ability for users to connect socially and drill down into the application level to further enhance communication.
- Enhanced User Experience - With Infor 10x, Infor Optiva gets a completely enhanced look and feel that provides a consumer-grade graphical user interface and helps users take advantage of expanded industry-specific capabilities, make better decisions faster, and work more efficiently. The added workspace enhancements provide users with in-context business intelligence and a content assistant to simplify functional applications.
- Globalization - Infor Optiva 11 now delivers the ability to specify languages from form labels, navigation, lookup, error messages and enumeration labels.
"Infor Optiva 11 with Ming.le should provide a richer user experience by combing modern social paradigms and effective integration within enabled business processes" said Ken Amann, Executive Consultant, CIMdata. "By using Ming.le as a single, consistent UI across their product suites, Infor is enabling their customers to better access and leverage product information and capabilities across Infor's enterprise applications."
"As we continue to enrich Infor Optiva, customers consistently validate the strengths of our formula and provide insight to drive future enhancements," said Chris Krechting, VP, global PLM sales, Infor. "The Infor Optiva 11 creates a strong foundation for the ongoing growth of PLM capabilities amongst our process manufacturing customers."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Product Lifecycle Management - www.infor.com/solutions/plm/
- Infor PLM Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/inforplm/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
For more information:
- Press Releases