Infor Poised to Take US Agencies’ Payroll to the Cloud with NewPay
Infor is taking the US Federal Government’s HR functions to the cloud.
The team of Infor, Grant Thornton, and other partners will soon learn which US federal agencies will be first to move to the Infor HR and Payroll platforms as part of the NewPay federal technology transformation program.
Infor’s partner group is one of just two teams selected by the Federal Government to provide payroll, work scheduling and leave management software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions and services to all federal agencies. Bidding for the initial pilot agencies was held in June, and contract awards are expected soon.
Workforce payroll is one of the Federal Government’s most significant expenses, so it makes sense that it is the priority. Federal agencies will benefit from the automation of manual processes, and workers can focus on more value-add tasks, making better use of public funds and taxpayer dollars.
“NewPay is an essential first step, and we are excited to be part of it,” says Wayne Bobby, vice president of U.S. Federal at Infor. “By being chosen as a key vendor in this ambitious initiative, Infor is affirmed as a leader in solutions for the public sector.”
A bit of background on NewPay
This enormous federal back-office shared-services technology modernization initiative is a revolution. Here’s the back story:
1. The Federal Government decides to streamline back-office operations across all agencies through a technology standardization initiative.
2. In late April, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issues a shared services policy designating four agencies as leads. Four Quality Services Management Offices (QSMOs) are designated to provide common resources to agencies:
- The General Services Administration (GSA) for human resources
- The Department of Treasury for financial services
- The Department of Health and Human Services for grants management
- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency for cybersecurity
3. GSA launches NewPay, its first initiative as a QSMO, to address HR, payroll, work scheduling and leave management. (Read the Infor blog post “NewPay: The first initiative in OMB’s new shared services model.”)
4. GSA awards NewPay certification to only two vendor teams — Grant Thornton/Infor and Deloitte/SAP — $2.5 billion, 10-year blanket purchase agreement (BPA) from which federal agencies can place task orders.
5. Bids on the first NewPay task orders for the pilot agencies were submitted in May, and contract awards are expected this month. (Read the Infor blog post “NewPay partnerships create efficiencies for federal payroll and HR system.”)
Why Infor HR is the best NewPay choice
1. Infor has 30 years of product experience with payroll, both in the commercial world and in government.
“We've done it. We know what it means to provide payroll services to the Federal Government because we're doing it today,” Bobby says. “We understand what it means to accommodate the uncertainties of a federal shutdown or furlough. Infor knows what is required to align with federal benefits providers related to health insurance, dental and vision, life insurance, thrift savings plans for retirement contributions, and on and on. We know it because we do it today and have done it for years. We understand the complexities of the many different titles and job types in federal: doctors and nurses, law enforcement professionals, scientists, park rangers. We can accommodate every job type.”
2. Infor CloudSuite HCM is built on a modern tech platform. The payroll application is highly configurable, which enables it to meet federal pay rules without requiring customization.
3. It is deployed in the AWS GovCloud — proven, reliable, scalable, secure, with a multitenant environment, allowing federal agencies to save with this lower-cost approach.
“Infor uses one cloud, one FedRAMP authorization process, one user experience, and out-of-the-box integration, which is cleaner and less complex than if multiple products from different providers were being integrated,” Bobby says. “The addition of works schedule and leave management solutions in future task orders will be straightforward and streamlined.”
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours