Infor Releases Advanced Scheduling 5.5 to Optimize Production
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the release of Infor Advanced Scheduling 5.5 to enable production schedule optimization for process and complex manufacturing. Infor Advanced Scheduling 5.5 continues to provide users with a true industry-specific differentiation for process manufacturers such as dairies, breweries and beverage production to enhance liquid material movements.
Infor Advanced Scheduling 5.5 features components that are designed specifically for process management to redistribute tank inflow and outflow in the event of overlapping batches.
- Enhanced Scheduling Experience - This release enhances the user experience with a new look and feel, in addition to usability enhancements such as magnetic batches and inventory simulation to enhance the planning experience. By minimizing unnecessary schedule interaction, this release facilitates shorter planning times and allows new planners to learn the application quickly.
- Advanced Cleaning in Place (CIP) Management - Manufacturers can now automatically schedule CIP processes using specific quantity or time-based rules. Accurate modeling of CIP helps improve schedule quality to avoid potential production interruptions.
- Small Batch Sequencing - This release adds a unique feature providing a workbench for managing production activities considered 'too small' for Gantt chart interaction. The workbench provides a drag & drop interaction so production of smaller durations can be easily scheduled in a tabular format. This promotes simpler and faster planning for small duration production activities.
- Transition Matrices & Rules - This release enables manufacturers to calculate non-productive time and costs based on production attributes. Breaking down non-productive time into its most basic elements facilitates improved accuracy in time calculations and enables more efficient throughput.
- Tank Flow Redistribution - This release features components that are designed specifically for process management to redistribute tank inflow and outflow in the event of overlapping batches
- Cost Optimization - This release helps manufacturers optimize scheduling decisions such as resource allocation and sequencing on both cost and duration. This helps to reduce the overall cost of production by minimizing high cost, non-production events.
"Infor Advanced Scheduling 5.5 helps to shorten planning time and reduce interruptions to production by delivering increased accuracy and efficiency in the scheduling process," said John Bermudez, vice president, Product Management, Infor. "The industry-specific, out-of-the-box functionality helps process manufacturers better utilize their resources to help reduce costs and align production with demand."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Supply Chain Management - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/
- Infor Advanced Scheduling - www.infor.com/product_summary/scm/advancedscheduler
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases