Infor Simplifies Supply Chain Demand Planning
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Demand Planning version 6.6. Infor Demand Planning 6.6 features enhanced promotion management, real-time demand sense and respond, advanced shelf life management, and intelligent baseline forecasting. The solution includes intuitive user functions such as the advanced forecast edit grid and automatic calendar interpolation.
Infor Demand Planning 6.6 places a greater emphasis on accuracy and agility to improve the capabilities of supply chain forecasting tools. The solution is equipped with advancements in periodic item forecasting and intelligent baseline forecasting, helping to greatly reduce the manual planning effort and smooth the impact of one-off events and sporadic demand. Periodic item forecasting provides a direct benefit to the user by factoring seasonal changes to decrease planning time and provide more precise statistical forecasts.
- Data Series Modeling - Infor Demand Planning 6.6 enables user-defined data series modeling, allowing the user to designate the event or time series to be modeled. This helps provide agile and more accurate forecasting to support timelier decision-making. The added functionality prevents users from reacting to non-repeating events and lowers the cost of implementation by reducing customizations.
- Periodic Item Forecasting - Infor Demand Planning 6.6 utilizes a statistical forecasting approach to estimate the areas where most sales are likely to occur. This creates a significant reduction in planning time and helps optimize predictions. This forecasting approach also helps organizations reduce obsolete stock, as periodic products are not replenished during the off-season.
- Intelligent Baseline Forecasting - The solution provides a new facility for managing baseline forecasts to separate statistical and promotional activity. This allows for an automatic reversal of activity surrounding non-repeating sales behavior, which provides an essential component for consumer goods that are impacted by promotional and one-off events.
- Promotion Management Workbench - Users can easily define and manage weekly promotion calendars to include trade spend, promo profiles and cannibalization profiles. The application offers the best picture of promotion activity without requiring full trade planning optimization (TPO).
- Demand Sense and Respond - Infor Demand Planning 6.6 is optimized to improve visibility of actual sales behavior, which is aligned through daily, weekly and monthly to date forecasts. The demand sense and respond functionality identifies exceptions and issues an alert to the user when a violation is detected. This enables users to respond to changing market conditions with agility and improve service levels by quickly reacting to real-time demand signals.
- Automated Interpolation Vectors - A fancy name but what it does is quite simple. This feature automatically and perpetually learns the daily and/or weekly sales behavior of a product, which the system then applies to forecast changes made at a monthly or weekly level to pro-rate the change to a weekly or daily level respectively.
"Our customers face the growing challenges associated with a constantly shifting supply chain, and the ability to accurately forecast for such changes can have a serious impact on the success of an organization," said John Bermudez, Vice President, Product Management, Infor. "Infor Demand Planning 6.6 allows customers to sense the demand and respond, promoting advanced shelf life management and more intelligent baseline forecasting."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Demand Planning - www.infor.com/product_summary/scm/demandplanning/
- Infor Supply Chain Management - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.