Infor Upgrades Mapping, User Interface For Public Sector Suite
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Infor Public Sector Suite 8.3 to better manage the needs of the public infrastructure. Infor Public Sector Suite, formerly known as Hansen 8, includes an enhanced user interface, updated menu layout for easier navigation and industry leading Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The upgrade also applies superior spatial capabilities to interpret and visualize data for day-to-day tasks such as creating service requests; reviewing work orders and managing building permit applications.
Infor Public Sector Suite draws from the existing Hansen 8 platform, transforming Map Drawer into Infor GIS with functionality that is more technologically advanced to meet the shifting demands of the public sector. The new release also delivers Infor10 Blue 2.0, a holistic user interface to facilitate more efficient and timely completion of tasks. Infor Public Sector Suite 8.3 uses Infor ION to map transactions and audit daily messages. The suite will also offer Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), to expand upon the recently launched Infor Public Sector Cloud offering.
- User Friendly Interface - Infor10 Blue 2.0 creates simple, out-of-the-box capabilities such as AutoComplete to help populate commonly used data like employee identification numbers. The New Session Manager component enables users to view and switch between predefined forms without using the menu. Infor Public Sector Suite 8.3 also provides the ability to display ad hoc reports and custom queries on the homepage.
- Simplified Mapping -The release of Infor Public Sector 8.3 will replace Map Drawer with a new map browser called Infor GIS, which focuses on ESRI web application programming interfaces while remaining consistent with the same features set used by other vendors. The MyInfor (formerly MyHansen) dashboard page is GIS enabled, allowing users to login directly into a map to geospatially view work for the designated day.
- Enhanced Portal Personalization - The new architecture makes portals easier to configure and maintain. The Configuration Editor allows users to manage configuration settings, eliminating the need to enter data manually. The new architecture also makes it easier to merge customizations and modify hook-ins when upgrading your site.
- Work Within the Cloud - The release of Public Sector 8.3 expands on Infor's previously announced cloud offering, allowing use of an SaaS deployment. The expansion of Infor Public Sector applications within a cloud environment will allow government agencies to get the most value out of their technology investment.
Little Rock Wastewater Utility Quote
"With reduced budgets and increasingly limited resources, Infor provides the ease of use and level of personalization that is necessary to maximize efficiency for our core personnel," said Michael Ruhl, lead systems analyst/DBA manager, Little Rock Wastewater Utility. "By facilitating increased productivity, the Infor Public Sector Suite allows us to maintain a high level of service while providing a notable return on investment, helping to alleviate monetary concerns for the utility."
"Today's software users want an interface that's intelligent and personalized to present all the information they need in an easily viewable format. Infor delivers this functionality with Infor10 Blue 2.0," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "The new interface, in combination with Infor GIS and the Configuration Editor, provides our customers with greater visibility into the data they need to address daily challenges with Infor Public Sector."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/publicsector/
- Infor Public Sector Solution Set - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/solution-set/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is one of the world's largest providers of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.