Iowa Health System Turns to Infor Healthcare to Improve Business Operations
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Iowa Health System (IHS), which has relationships with 28 hospitals in Illinois and Iowa, and sees more than 3.1 million patient visits per year, will implement a suite of Infor applications tailored specifically for healthcare organizations to automate functions across its network of more than 24,000 employees.
Applications specialized for Healthcare, including Financial Management, HR Service Delivery, Supply Chain Management, as well as Talent Management, will enable automated, standardized processes for IHS to help reduce costs through a more proficient usage of resources, giving staff the tools to focus more on delivering exceptional patient care. The new applications will be able to pull timely data and create reports that help support critical business decisions across the health system - improving efficiency and productivity.
- IHS chose to partner with Infor to standardize processes for its most critical support services - including accounting, finance, supply chain and human resources. Infor was the right partner because of its deep expertise in the healthcare industry and proven track record for helping organizations achieve these goals.
- Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management will help IHS eliminate mundane paperwork, follow-up, and administrative duties at individual hospital's and across the network. The organization will be able to streamline workflow, facilitate tighter inventory management, and have an enterprise-wide view of total supply spend.
- IHS will also benefit from Infor Lawson Enterprise Financial Management by improving business transparency, strengthening the financial discipline, improving business processes and reducing costs. All applications will work together and share common master data where appropriate from one location or organization wide - providing solutions for the full cycle of finance.
- In addition, staff at IHS will be able to free their schedule from time-consuming administrative tasks related to the HR function. Infor Human Resource Management allows for healthcare organizations to enhance retention and increase visibility into employee management through its unified platform.
Iowa Health System Quote
"Our health system needed accurate and up-to-date information, as well as tools to help control supply costs, gain greater visibility into materials management, and supply usage trends at individual hospitals and across the organization," said Debbi Muro, IT executive director, Iowa Health System. "We identified Infor as the partner that could truly give us direct insight into all these different facets in real-time, making us much more confident to make important business decisions at singular locations and organization-wide at any given time."
"Healthcare organizations need to trust their data in order to make confident decisions, so in turn, patients can trust them with their health," said Steve Fanning, vice president, Healthcare Industry Strategy, Infor. "Infor Healthcare offers industry specialized applications that provide one source of truth, system-wide. Our customers know they are getting the right information at the right time, and can be confident our system will grow and change with them so they can always deliver quality patient care."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Healthcare - www.infor.com/industries/healthcare/
About Iowa Health System
Iowa Health System is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. Through relationships with 28 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities and more than 200 physician clinics, IHS provides care throughout Iowa and Illinois.
IHS entities employ more than 24,000 employees, working toward innovative advancements to deliver the Best Outcome for Every Patient Every Time. Each year, through more than 3.1 million patient visits, IHS hospitals and clinics provide a full range of care to patients and families. With annual revenues of $2.8 billion, IHS is the nation's 15th largest nonprofit health system and the fifth largest nondenominational health system in America.
A national leader in coordinated, accountable care, IHS currently holds five value-based contracts in nine regions, including the first-in-the-nation Medicare Pioneer ACO, the groundbreaking Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield ACO, the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) and the Iowa Health Self-Insured Health Plan. With 1,400 physicians and providers participating in our value-based contracts and $1.3 billion in claims, IHS intends to lead health care reform for the foreseeable future.
IHS provides community benefit programs and services to improve the health of people in its communities. For more information, visit www.ihs.org.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
- Press Releases
- North America