Kelda Water Services Refreshes Asset Management Strategy with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Kelda Water Services (KWS), a leading water and waste water contract operations company, has selected Infor Public Sector (Hansen) to support its asset management across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The water company, which delivers large-scale and long-term infrastructure solutions to organizations including the Ministry of Defence, Northern Ireland Water and Scottish Water, will use the Infor application to boost asset performance, help reduce risk, and support customer service as part of an ongoing strategy to deliver best practice asset management and support compliance.
- Asset management is a core part of KWS' strategy to enhance both contractual and legislative compliance while delivering greater customer service, cost certainty and improved returns.
- KWS' asset management strategy is focused on ensuring flexibility and scale to support the specific requirements of each customer. For example, as part of its £1 billion contract with the Ministry of Defence, it supports assets located at more than 1000 sites with a wide range of requirements ranging from day to day operations through to long-term asset replacement programs. This distribution of assets presents a number of challenges and requires a system which is both robust and fit-for-purpose.
- Having completed the requirements outlined in the PAS55 standards framework in 2012, KWS' management team made a decision to replace its existing system with a more scalable solution.
- Following a thorough evaluation of asset management solutions, KWS selected Infor Public Sector (Hansen) based on its Advanced Asset Management and Risk Analysis tools, ability to support compliance and best practices, scalability, and Infor's deep domain expertise in the water industry.
- The Infor application is expected to help KWS meet growing demands from existing and new customers, support decision-making and underpin its long term asset management strategy.
- Infor Public Sector (Hansen) is targeted to be deployed in a phased roll-out over the next 12 months.
"As a leading water and waste management business, assets are integral to our performance, and as such we need to ensure that they are managed proactively to minimize downtime and maximize their lifecycle," said Robert Marrill, director, KWS. "In order to deliver best practice, meet industry standards and ensure that our customers' evolving and varying needs can be met continuously, we required a leading-class asset management system to support the next phase of the company's growth. Infor delivers on all counts, and we are looking forward to taking our strategy to the next level."
"With 20 years' experience of providing solutions for the sector, we have a wealth of insight into how effective asset management can streamline business processes, improve decision making and empower workers to reduce operational costs and boost customer service," said Ann Melaerts, vice president, Public Sector EMEA, Infor. "Efficiently maintained assets are the lifeblood of a water business, therefore optimized enterprise asset management and intelligent capital planning are necessities. Customer demands and regulatory compliance are evolving all the time, and by adopting Infor, KWS is well positioned to meet these challenges and capitalize on growth."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Inforum on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.