Lane Automotive Gains Flexible Integration with Infor ION
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Lane Automotive, an Infor Distribution SX.e customer, will upgrade its current Infor application and integrate Infor ION, Infor's lightweight middleware platform. Lane Automotive, a supplier of high-performance parts and automotive accessories, will work with Infor channel partner Central Data Systems (CDS) to transfer its third-party warehouse management, business intelligence and other transactional system integrations over to Infor ION. This will enable flexible connectivity between the Infor and third-party systems.
Lane Automotive Quote
"Previously with our custom integrations, upgrading or integrating new applications with Infor Distribution SX.e could prove time-consuming and potentially costly," said David Meadow, CIO, Lane Automotive. "Now looking ahead, Lane Automotive will lean heavily upon Infor ION and its architecture to deliver the flexibility it requires in making more efficient and budget-friendly technology portfolio enhancements
- Today, Lane Automotive's third-party warehouse management and transactional systems are heavily integrated with Infor Distribution SX.e through custom interfaces. Infor ION can reduce or replace these custom integrations to deliver a more flexible and scalable architecture.
- Infor ION has the potential to shorten Lane Automotive's upgrade lifecycles for future product enhancements, providing additional flexibility and agility to integrate additional applications as business needs change.
- With a need for greater visibility into operations across multiple departments, Lane Automotive sees an opportunity for employees to gain quick insights. Visibility into these processes will help the company address business challenges before they affect customers, thereby improving overall service to their customer base.
- Infor ION was designed to improve ease-of-use through a consolidated user interface, providing the ability to create and adopt service driven workflows. This architecture can help Lane Automotive to further enhance its customer experience by increasing efficiency in operations.
Central Data Systems Quote
"We've seen an increase in demand from customers like Lane Automotive for Infor's latest innovations, specifically Infor ION, because it's faster to deploy and more easily integrates Infor and third-party applications," said Midge Davidson, president, Central Data Systems. "Infor ION allows companies to better utilize their data for faster, smarter business decisions, so it is a standout option for new and existing Infor customers."
"Infor is committed to helping customers like Lane Automotive be innovators in the distribution process by providing them with a technology to address increasing customer demands and complexity," said Andy Berry, vice president and general manager, Infor Distribution. "Combining Infor ION with any of our applications creates an end-to-end business solution that can be altered or upgraded in the future as the company grows and business needs change."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Distribution
- Infor Distribution Video Journal
- Infor Distribution Blog
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
About Lane Automotive
Lane Automotive is a premier, worldwide supplier of performance parts and accessories for racers, hot rodders, truck and off-road enthusiasts. Lane Automotive's divisions include Motor State Distributing, Allstar Performance, Lane Collectables, and the Lane Automotive Showroom. For more information, visit www.laneautomotive.com.
About Central Data Systems
CDS is an Infor Channel Partner supporting 90+ Infor SX.e customers. CDS has been serving the needs of wholesale distributors since 1973, was the 2010 Infor Distribution Channel Partner of the Year and represents the Infor SX.e partner community on the Infor Channel Advisory Council. For more information, please visit www.centraldata.com/.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours