MAMA & Company Harmonises Finance Processes with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that MAMA & Company, one of the largest music venue and festival operators in the UK, has gone live with Infor SunSystems to consolidate financial processes and drive efficiencies following a management buy-out (MBO) in 2012. The application is expected to improve visibility of the 28 entities which make up MAMA & Company, enhancing auditability and helping to mitigate risk. Crucially, it will also help support the company in achieving its growth ambitions efficiently.
- MAMA & Company operates music venues and festivals around the UK and overseas. Famous faces to have graced the MAMA stages include Rhianna, Florence & The Machine, Stereophonics, Oasis, Coldplay, The Killers and Adele, and the company's award-winning festivals include The Great Escape; Lovebox; Godskitchen; Global Gathering; and Wilderness.
- MAMA & Company selected Infor SunSystems following the MBO from its then parent company (HMV) in December 2012.
- Due diligence undertaken as part of the MBO highlighted weaknesses in the group's previous accounting systems and expedited the need for a new application that would support the entire company in a consistent manner.
- SunSystems replaced a myriad of systems including Coda, Excel and two versions of Sage. It was chosen based on the financial director's previous experience of working with the application, which instilled confidence that SunSystems was the best solution for MAMA & Company.
- SunSystems will help reduce the need for re-keying of data, allow information to be uploaded more quickly and easily, improve the efficiency of the finance function and crucially, reduce the need to recruit additional finance staff.
- Consolidated accounts mean that MAMA & Company's risk profile is much improved as audits can locate information at the touch of a button, rather than having to trawl through silos of disparate data.
- As the live music business pursues its ambitious growth plans, SunSystems will help the company scale up to increased demands.
MAMA & Company Quote
"Having changed structure several times in recent years, including a joint venture with HMV in 2009 and HMV's subsequent purchase of the old MAMA Group in 2010, our finance processes and systems lacked consistency," comments Gary Ezard, financial director, MAMA & Company. "As we undertook our MBO at the end of last year, the weaknesses of our systems were highlighted, and the process provided a catalyst to bring our finance systems up to date. Through implementing SunSystems, we now have an application that enables us to realise efficiencies through de-duplicating data and allows information to be accessed more easily.
"We have already seen an improvement in efficiency levels through implementing SunSystems to support the entire group, and as we grow, we know that it will flex and scale to support us, enabling us to achieve our goals in the most profitable way."
"As MAMA & Company's experience highlights, running a business with numerous different finance systems can pose some challenges and obstacles - particularly as in many cases legacy applications no longer suit the purpose for which they were originally designed," comments Jon Casey, UK Sales VP, Financial Management Solutions, Infor. "Regulatory and commercial demands mean that it simply isn't sustainable to harbour the inefficiencies perpetuated by ineffective systems. Through implementing an integrated system such as SunSystems, productivity can be enhanced substantially and growth can be achieved without incurring additional resource."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
# # #
For more information:
t: +44 (0)7884 311310
- Press Releases
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours