Peters Ice Cream Picks Infor as its "Flavored" ERP Provider
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced a deal with iconic Australian company, Peters Ice Cream, to implement a complete ERP system in just seven and a half months.
Peters, makers of ice creams with household names including Drumstick, Maxibon, Connoisseur, Heaven & Frosty Fruit, urgently needed to change its generic ERP system after the company was acquired by Pacific Equity Partners in August 2012. This ended 17 years of ownership by food giant Nestlé. Following the change of ownership, Peters has been operating on Nestlé's ERP system while they establish a stand-alone IT system.
The company looked towards a more functionally rich software solution, targeted to the specific needs of an ice cream company. Peters chose to implement Infor's M3 QuickStep for Food and Beverage solution.
- The key to partnering with Infor was the need to fast-track the rollout of the software from a typical time frame of 12 to 18 months to just over seven. Infor expects to meet this requirement due to the highly specialized Infor M3 Quickstep for Food and Beverage industry solution, which includes up to 70 percent of the necessary business processes pre-configured, ensuring a hassle free implementation.
- Peters' network of freezers extends to all corners of the country. With such a vast footprint, it is essential that information on stock levels and deliveries is up to date and available in real time. Infor's Sales Route Management system - provided by solution partner NCS - will meet Peters' requirement for real-time customer information as well as provide on-the-ground access using mobility solutions.
Peters Ice Cream Quote
"Following the acquisition of Peters by Pacific Equity Partners, Peters continues to be supported by Nestle's IT infrastructure including their ERP system. It is important to the new management team that we rapidly establish Peters' own IT backbone and ERP solution to support the business and our change agenda. During a competitive pitch, Infor was able to demonstrate its ability to quickly implement and rollout an all-encompassing ERP solution that will provide clear visibility into the business," said Jonathan Hutchings, Transition Manager, Peters.
"This is a great opportunity for Infor to prove it's built for speed. Anyone can tell you that implementing a complete ERP system in seven and a half months is challenging - but we expect to successfully do just that. Our advantage lies in the Infor M3 QuickStep solution, which includes a high number of pre-configured business processes for specific industries we specialize in, such as food & beverage, allowing a favorable mix of configuration and fast implementation," said Ian Desbrow, Managing Director Australia and New Zealand, Infor.
About Peters Ice Cream
Peters is an iconic Australian brand and is the leading ice cream manufacturer in Australia. The business has been manufacturing, distributing and selling ice cream products in Australia since 1907.
Peters distributes its products in both the grocery and impulse channels and caters to all segments of the market with household brands including Drumstick, Peters Original, Connoisseur and Maxibon.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
We'll be in touch.