San Francisco Improves Disaster Readiness with Infor EAM in the Cloud
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the City and County of San Francisco has selected Infor EAM in the cloud. San Francisco determined that a software-as-a-service (SaaS) deployment is the most effective option for enhancing inter-department asset management, reducing IT costs and improving the safety and accessibility of data. The automated workflow processes and mobile data access will allow the city and its divisions to better utilize available resources and provide superior service to residents.
- By selecting SaaS deployment for Infor EAM, San Francisco will eliminate the need to purchase on-site hardware and reduce the amount of their initial investment. It can also calculate a monthly budget with the benefit of Infor's SaaS model, which allows cost certainty by outsourcing IT Infrastructure and related expenses that are often difficult to predict.
- Infor EAM will enable San Francisco to remain current on subsequent releases, as Infor will handle future upgrades and module additions, reducing interruption to daily operations.
- Protected data resides off-premises in the cloud, helping to ensure that San Francisco will maintain critical system availability during and after an emergency or natural disaster.
- Infor EAM provides the functionality to manage equipment and facility assets within multiple city departments. The solution allows automated workflow and work order management process, enabling departments to share assets and collaborate more efficiently.
- The solution enables user friendly access from virtually any computer or mobile device, making it easier to share data between city divisions and improve service to constituents.
City of San Francisco Quote
"We selected cloud deployment of Infor EAM because it delivers a predictable total cost of ownership and ensures that our data is secure in case of an emergency situation," said Jon Walton, CIO, City and County of San Francisco. "Infor ION stands out amongst competitors and made Infor the obvious choice because it provides the ability to quickly integrate our EAM solution with other applications, unifying the user experience and enabling continuous data flow between any future technologies."
"More municipalities are opting for SaaS deployment to handle disaster preparedness concerns, particularly as shrinking IT budgets remain a common pain point for government offices," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "Infor EAM delivers the same functionality as the on-premise solution, but is less demanding on the time and budgets of IT departments and provides greater flexibility for future expansion."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/
- Infor EAM Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/infoream/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of San Francisco
San Francisco is the leading financial and cultural center of northern California and the second-most densely populated major city in the United States. San Francisco attracts millions of visitors each year, renowned for its cool climate, eclectic architecture and landmarks including the Golden Gate Bridge. For more information on San Francisco, visit www.sanfrancisco.travel/.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
- Press Releases
- North America