Sports Direct Targets Growth with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Sports Direct, the UK's leading sports retailer, has selected Infor Orbis Marketing Resource Management (MRM) to improve the visibility and coordination of global marketing activity. The application will help drive growth and improve productivity by automating marketing processes across the Sports Direct business. Infor Orbis MRM will also help manage and control communications with Sports Direct brand partners, supporting areas including digital assets, brand design, image creation and website content.
- Internationally, Sports Direct operates in 19 countries in Europe, including Belgium, Austria, Slovenia and France.
- Sports Direct has chosen Infor Orbis MRM to help drive growth by delivering marketing process automation and best practices. The system is expected to be rolled out across the UK and into Europe over the next three months.
- Sports Direct selected Infor Orbis MRM because of its integrated planning and budget control capabilities. The application's scalability was also key to the decision, as Sports Direct continues to grow throughout Europe.
- Infor Orbis MRM will help automate workflow across marketing processes, enable strategic and budget planning, and manage the complete creation of marketing assets, including fast approval on imagery and copy across partner brand organizations.
Sports Direct Quote
"Efficiency and speed to market are our key concerns across all business units at Sports Direct, and the solution provided by Infor Orbis MRM systems is ideal for us to manage all aspects of our marketing mix," said Vincent Smith, associate director, Marketing, Sports Direct. "As a global company operating retail, wholesale and licensing divisions, it was essential we have a management tool which would allow us visibility through all channels in all markets and offer us scalability in line with our growth plans, and we believe we have found the right partner in Infor Orbis."
"Sports retail is one of the most competitive areas of business in the UK," said George Wright, senior vice president and general manager, CRM, Infor. "Marketing is a vital tool to maintain competitive advantage and drive growth. However, in managing the development of creative material and workflow to approvals, financials and analytics, there are thousands of interdependent processes to manage. The Infor Orbis MRM system that handles all these processes must be easy to use, fast to deploy and most of all, it must deliver results. In adopting such a system there are many tangible benefits - faster time to market, improved compliance, better visibility and retention of information and greater staff productivity."
Keep Current on Infor:
- Subscribe to the Infor RSS Feed
- Follow Infor on Twitter
- Connect with Infor on LinkedIn
- Like Infor on Facebook
- View Infor videos on YouTube
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours