TP Ferro Rolls Out High Speed Maintenance Operations with Infor
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that TP Ferro, operator of the new high-speed rail link between Spain and France, has rolled out the Infor EAM to streamline all of its maintenance activities.
- TP Ferro is a dual national operator and subsidiary with 50% owned each by the Spanish group ACS and the French group Eiffage.
- TP Ferro has managed all financial, design, construction and operational tasks for the high speed rail link between Le Soler and Llers (close to Perpignan and Figueres, respectively) since 2004. This link officially became fully operational on 9 January 2013.
- Driven by a requirement to optimise the uptime of its infrastructure to ensure high levels of service for passengers and freight, and to meet all rail safety standards, TP Ferro has invested in Infor EAM.
- Infor was chosen because of its deep domain expertise in the rail sector and the fact that EAM, like all Infor applications, is specialised by industry.
- Deployment of Infor EAM took place in two phases. During an initial phase, the Infor EAM Purchasing module was implemented and adopted by all staff teams at TP Ferro.
- A second phase then consisted of populating EAM with almost 3000 functional situations for maintenance activities, to enable TP Ferro to automate its maintenance operations.
TP Ferro quote
"Amongst all of the software solutions which we have at TP Ferro, Infor EAM is without doubt one of the most complete," states Petros Papaghiannakis, Director of Operations at TP Ferro. "The functional variety of this software has enabled us to undertake a lot of strategic analysis and assessment in organising both our remedial and preventive maintenance."
"Infrastructure management in the rail industry is particularly strategic, because it must enable not only uninterrupted commercial profitability, but also ensure the highest levels of safety in order to meet international rail operating standards", said Jean-Benoît Nonque, regional vice president, EAM, EMEA, Infor. "We are proud to support the TP Ferro team behind this high profile, high speed rail line between France and Spain."
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
# # #
For more information:
- Press Releases