University of California Selects Infor Enwisen HR Service Delivery to Support UCPath Center Project
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the University of California has selected Infor Enwisen HR Service Delivery to help complete its HR transformation project, UCPath, to deploy a single payroll and human resources system across all ten campuses and five medical centers. The UCPath Center is the University's new HR shared services center that will employ Infor's cloud-enabled, HR-specific Portal/Knowledgebase and Case Management applications to standardize business processes for nearly 190,000 employees and move the institution toward a true human resource shared services model. Further, the solution will offer a more user-specific experience to employees and managers, drastically reducing redundancies and inefficiencies across the network while increasing employee engagement levels.
Infor Human Capital Management solutions facilitate faster day-to-day processes so staff can spend less time navigating systematical issues and more time focusing on the value of service. The Infor solution in particular was selected to help UC provide important options for employees seeking answers to critical HR, payroll and benefits questions. With Infor HR Portal/Knowledgebase, UC employees will have the ability to quickly find answers to most of their own questions via a personalized, searchable self-service experience without ever placing a call to HR. Through Infor Case Management, employee inquiries that require HR assistance can be tracked and resolved more quickly, with fewer matters requiring escalation to subject matter experts.
- The University of California selected Infor due to the human resource-centric nature of its HCM solutions, and integration with other third-party applications and overall successful reputation with higher education installations. The Infor solution helps the UCPath Center with its primary objective of providing the highest degree of service and the lowest possible cost.
- The University of California will also benefit from a faster, cloud-based implementation. The Infor application can be accessed through a web portal, which contains useful tools, information and reports, and unifies multiple functions into a single application, providing extensive flexibility and customization potential. When an employee signs in, information specific to his/her campus, job level, union or benefits plan will be displayed.
- Infor Case Management will help UC human resource service representatives manage inquiries when employees cannot find the answers to questions on their own. Complex employee and manager HR inquiries are also initiated through the online AskHR feature and then they are escalated to HR subject matter experts within the HR Shared Services Center, when necessary.
- Infor Portal/Knowledgebase is a personalized, searchable online source for information and decision support, providing UC with a multi-tier approach to HR service delivery.
- The Infor HR Shared Services Solution for UCPath is designed to be easily integrated with existing third-party products to provide a more complete snapshot of performance, enabling consolidated data access for employees and a more complete view of the network for faster business decisions.
University of California Quote
"Infor delivered a complete solution of technology, resources and experience in the HR and payroll arena that other vendors lacked," said Randy Anderson, UCPath Center Technical Lead. "Most case management and knowledge management tools available grew up in the IT or retail sales space. It was refreshing to find a product and service specifically designed to meet our HR needs."
"Infor understands that cost effectively scaling human resources capability while simultaneously improving services to University of California employees needs specialized technology that engages employees and facilitates resolution in real-time," said Tarik Taman, general manager, Human Capital Management, Infor. "We are uniquely able to help unify our customers' complex and heterogeneous HCM systems and processes by putting data at both the fingertips of the employees and managers - providing enhanced HR services with fewer dedicated resources and lower costs."
About The University of California
Founded in 1868, the University of California opened in 1869 with 10 faculty members and 38 students. Today, UC has 10 campuses, five medical centers, 18 health professional schools and programs, six business schools and five law schools, plus professional and enrichment courses and agricultural and natural resources programs that extend learning throughout California. UC also manages Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and is a partner in limited liability corporations that manage Livermore and Los Alamos national laboratories. The UC system includes nearly 240,000 students, more than 190,000 employees, 50,000 retirees and roughly 1.7 million living alumni.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
- Press Releases
- North America