Virginia International Terminals Gets Connected with Infor ION
FARNBOROUGH, UK, May 29 2013 -Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Virginia International Terminals, Inc. (VIT) has successfully implemented Infor SunSystems and Infor ION. Part of the Virginia Port Authority, the third-largest port on the U.S. east coast, VIT has been an Infor EAM customer since 2005. The enterprise chose to implement Infor SunSystems and Infor ION in order to deliver real-time connectivity between asset management and financials. Infor ION enables direct transfer of information between Infor SunSystems and Infor EAM, helping to ensure that captured data is consistent and saving time for VIT users through reduced manual entry.
- Using Infor ION, the accounting department can login to Infor SunSystems and view activities within Infor EAM. With the ability to see asset transactions in real-time, bookkeeping users can make more immediate inquiries to resolve issues and facilitate faster business decisions.
- Infor SunSystems allows VIT to better manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger, all within the same application, enabling more accurate financial data updated in real-time with each transaction. This connectivity also provides decision-makers with a more holistic view of company finances for enhanced drill down and analysis.
- VIT now utilizes the Infor SunSystems electronic document cabinet functionality for easy access to supplier invoices. Employees no longer need to use a separate application to view electronic images of paperwork, which helps to speed day-to-day operations.
- Through online access, an easy-to-use interface and built-in workflows, Infor EAM helps VIT to more efficiently manage assets through automated alerts and monitoring.
Virginia International Terminals Quote
"Previously our accounting department would get bogged down with manual data entry and lacked insight into how assets were affecting the budget," said Beth Neville, financial information systems manager, Virginia International Terminals. "Now Infor ION allows our users to view transactions in both applications in real-time, promoting better business decisions because accounting instantly knows where money is being spent. With Infor ION, we can also easily scale and upgrade in the future and add additional modules without having to worry about a break in the connective architecture."
"Infor EAM is crucial for effective management of assets at companies like VIT, and when used with applications such as Infor SunSystems, it creates an end-to-end business tool to govern financials, assets and maintenance operations," said Kevin Price, senior product manager, EAM, Infor. "Infor ION enables these applications to function as a unified solution, helping to eliminate information silos and streamline workflow. Businesses can integrate products like SunSystems or even ERPs and supply chain solutions, knowing that the new system will be able to reliably communicate and efficiently transfer data with Infor EAM in real-time via ION."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Meet Infor ION - http://go.infor.com/infor-ion/
- Infor ION Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/ion/
- Infor Office of the CFO - www.infor.com/solutions/fms/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About Virginia International Terminals, Inc.
The Virginia Port Authority (VPA) is an autonomous agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia that owns the Port of Virginia, a group of facilities including Virginia International Terminals, Portsmouth Marine Terminal, Newport News Marine Terminal and APM Terminals Virginia at Portsmouth. Under VIT's tenure, the Port of Virginia has grown to the third-largest port on the east coast and is the sixth-largest U.S. port. For more information, please visit www.vit.org.
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 23 of the top 50 largest US hospitals
- 43 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers
# # #
For more information:
- Press Releases