"Through the acquisition of CERTPOINT, Infor now offers a more complete HCM product and a competitive talent management suite," the Aberdeen Group finds.
Analyst Madeline Laurano assesses the impact of Infor's CERTPOINT acquisition in a March 6 blog post titled "Infor Expands Its HCM Suite to Include Learning."
Here are some excerpts:
- "Over the past few years, the HCM technology space has been defined by market consolidation as solution providers look to expand their product offering and global footprint. Surprisingly, few providers take the time to truly understand the company they are acquiring or how they will be able to differentiate themselves in a competitive market. Infor is one exception."
- "With the acquisition of CERTPOINT, a leading learning management provider, Infor is strategically executing on its vision to become a leading workforce and talent management provider."
- "Although Infor's past acquisitions (including Lawson and Enwisen) have made it a strong contender in the talent management arena, learning has been one missing piece of the puzzle. … CERTPOINT's innovative learning solutions will enable Infor to help organizations improve all areas of talent management while achieving business outcomes."
- "Through the acquisition of CERTPOINT, Infor now offers a more complete HCM product and a competitive talent management suite. … It will also extend learning beyond HCM into other areas of the business to help align HR objectives with organizational objectives."
- "As the HCM technology market continues to evolve, Infor has established itself as one of the key players. By acquiring CERTPOINT, it is not only providing a full suite of HCM solutions but empowering organizations to think more strategically about the use of learning through both the employee lifecycle and other areas of the business."
Aberdeen Blog: "Infor Expands Its HCM Suite to Include Learning," Madeline Laurano, March 6, 2013.