Infor delivers major hospitality industry news at Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals HITEC 2013 conference.
Infor Hospitality, capitalizing on the social, mobile, and highly integrative capabilities of the recently released Infor 10x, unveils Infor HMS 3.5-a solution poised to supercharge the hospitality industry.
"The hospitality industry is under constant pressure to navigate through difficult challenges facing the business, such as increasing customer demands, escalating costs, and rising competition," said Stewart Applbaum, SVP and general manager, hospitality, Infor. "With so many moving parts to manage, Infor Hospitality and Infor ION give our customers the confidence to know that they can quickly and securely make business changes in real-time, with little downtime, and help provide a significant increase in productivity."
Infor HMS 3.5, complete with the consumer-grade social collaboration features of Infor Ming.le™, is the next generation of hotel management software in the Infor Hospitality suite of solutions. With an ION-enabled core, Infor HMS provides enhanced functionality, mobility, speed, and accessibility that enables hoteliers to serve guests more efficiently.
Infor HMS 3.5 release includes:
- An overhauled user experience provides a single, unified stream of conversations to users.
- Added mobile ability is supported through the Infor HMS iPad app, allowing guests to interact with the hotel through several methods.
- Advanced Sundries Module provides staff with touch screen technology; the ability to sell "marketplace items" at different locations; and advanced sales, receipt, and payment options.
- An interface for passport scanning improves global and regional requirements.
- Utilities added to facilitate upselling to future and in-house guests.
- Multiple new reporting capabilities and better sorting for transaction journals and comp reports.
Louisville hotel amplifies operations with Infor HMS 3.5
The first major deployment of the Infor HMS 3.5 solution belongs to the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. With 1,290 rooms and suites, the Galt House Hotel proudly lays claim to the title of the largest hotel in Louisville. Implementing Infor HMS and Infor Ming.le™, in addition to a host of other Infor products, provides Galt House Hotel with a unified, value-packed solution for employees and guests.
"We partnered with Infor based on their forward-thinking approach to application architecture, and understanding of social media integration. They've been a trusted partner of ours for many years," said Ron Strecker, chief financial officer, Al J. Schneider Company. "Infor is a key strategic partner for the Galt House with applications specialized for Hospitality that address critical business functions such as managing the guest experience, giving our staff innovative tools to better inform business decisions, and ultimately improving the bottom line."