Fish In, Fish Out—Marine Harvest
Makes the Numbers MatchPosted at - 11:10 AM on Thu, Aug 22, 2013

Share this:

Marine Harvest can better meet demand and manage other vital supply chain issues now with Infor.

The world's largest producer of farmed salmon has selected Infor M3, Infor Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Infor Supply Chain Planning for its global operations to help improve demand visibility, optimize pricing, drive growth, and improve traceability.

Marine Harvest has more than 10,000 employees across 23 countries. With production and farming facilities in Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Canada and Chile, Marine Harvest ships approximately 70 percent of its product to retailers, with the remaining 30 percent sent for further processing.

The company has begun a complete business process reengineering project designed to move away from a decentralized, regional structure to a global business template. The applications will be deployed in phases, with the final site expected to go live in April 2014.

By integrating Infor M3 with Infor Supply Chain Planning, the company hopes to improve visibility into future demand from three weeks to up to three years.

Combined with Infor Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) this improvement in visibility will not only help Marine Harvest to better meet demand but also help to protect its revenue by reducing overproduction and resulting subsequent price reductions to sell excess stock.

Infor M3 and Infor Supply Chain Planning will also help reduce the time taken to answer traceability queries.

"Aquaculture demands not only industry-specific functionality but also strong support for growth," said Mike Edgett, Infor marketing director for process manufacturing. "Infor M3, supported by other applications such as Infor Supply Chain Planning, delivers not only the support for industry-specific processes but also the scope for scalability, enabling companies such as Marine Harvest to develop competitive advantages that help drive growth."

Learn more.

Share this:
blog comments powered by Disqus
Return to top of page.

Experience how Infor's innovative, beautiful applications are transforming the way people work

Specialized by industry.
Engineered for speed.
© Copyright 2014. Infor. All rights reserved.