Before its grand opening, a SONIC Drive-in restaurant in Spokane, Wash., had some specific challenges to meet. These challenges—common to many businesses—included:
- Managing all aspects of its operations with a versatile, easy-to-use system
- Obtaining and tracking up-to-the-minute sales and labor percentages
- Helping management to identify critical problem areas and service issues
Enter Infor. With industry and company-specific solutions, Infor was able to rise to the drive-in giant's demands—introducing the Spokane SONIC to Infor SmartSeries Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
"Infor listened and understood our operational requirements. They implemented all of our feature requests into their software set to accommodate us before we opened for business," said Selina Harner, store manager, SONIC Drive-in Spokane.
The effects of the Infor SmartSeries POS systems were felt immediately—with the Spokane SONIC earning $1 million in its first 87 days—a record for all SONIC Drive-Ins.
The benefits of the implementation include:
- Improved kitchen management with enhanced prep statuses
- Ability to quickly identify prep stations in need of help to fulfill an order
- Easily add new items to existing orders
- Quickly determine critical problem areas to speed up stall and drive-through service times
- Immediate access to current hour, last hour, and up-to-the-minute sales and labor percentages
"When the inevitable glitches arose, the Infor staff was there to immediately help us through the rough spots. Whether it involved minor tweaking or significant reconfiguration, Infor stayed with us until things were running smoothly to our satisfaction," said Preston Hawkins, co-owner of Clarus Group, which owns the SONIC franchise.