Food and Beverage ERP
Simplified food industry software to transform your business
Infor ranked 1st in Process Manufacturing and Upper Midsize Enterprises Use Cases
Read the 2023 Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Enterprises
Product Release Highlights
In an industry where demands shift and products have a shelf life, Infor® CloudSuite™ helps manufacturers stay agile.
- Increase yield, product quality & improved output
- Optimize supply chains & operations
- Avoid risk & simplify compliance processes
Increase yield, product quality & improved output
In the Food & Beverage industry, even small changes can have a great impact. With Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage, customers can increase the output of quality products, improve yield, and reduce waste with the help of a single solution. With Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage’s latest enhancements, machine learning assists manufacturers in easily managing raw ingredients of varying compositions and measuring critical attributes like fat, grade, and catchweight to maximize yield, output, and profit.
Each cow is unique – and so is its milk. Every shipment of milk that Food & Beverage manufacturers receive contains varying amounts of fat, protein, and key nutrients that can affect product quality and yield. Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage automatically tracks these insights so customers can maximize the use of these raw ingredients across products – and increase profit, production, and quality in turn. With Infor solutions, Food & Beverage customers have seen savings of €500K for each percent improved yield.
Key industry enhancements
MES Integration: Infor MES helps food and beverage manufacturers take control of the production process by providing consolidated insights that help companies optimize and automate every step possible on the shop floor (including throughput, ingredient assessment, downtime, necessary waste/reworks, labor management, inventory, consumption, and quality tracking). This allows customers to streamline production, reduce manual labor and waste, and increase yield and profit via real-time manufacturing controls and Industry 4.0 automation. This new integration between Infor MES and Infor CloudSuite will accelerate results through rapid deployment, allowing customers the time and space to concentrate on transforming their business.
Optimize supply chains & operations
When supplies can expire, monitoring supply chains requires even more vigilance. Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage provides precise demand forecasting and better shelf-life management tools to help supply chains meet customer demands without waste or sunk costs. Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage automatically navigates variables like shelf-life and demand forecasts, consolidates relevant information into a user-friendly Supplier Portal, and helps customers optimize operations and supply chains accordingly. Enhanced financial visibility is also included, so manufacturers can monitor margins and ensure profitability in real-time.
Delivering a product on time matters even more when shipments have a shelf life. Updates to Infor Food & Beverage CloudSuite includes a user-friendly Supplier Portal that connects manufacturers and their partners via a single user-friendly dashboard. All parties are granted insight into entire supply chains, with specific attention paid to crucial variables like expiration dates, in-stock inventory, and consumer demand. With Infor solutions in place, Food & Beverage customers have even reduced unused inventory by up to 15%.
Key industry enhancements
- Supplier Portal: Infor Supplier Portal provides a user-friendly digital tool that allows manufacturers to work with suppliers in real-time. The portal tracks communication between parties, confirms orders, compiles advanced shipping notices (ASNs), and receives transport updates, then consolidates that information in one place to reduce confusion and extraneous communications. Infor Supplier Portal also includes 24/7 service for suppliers, making it easier to plan for needed materials, confirm orders, and manage shipments.
- EA Content Library for Rapid Value Realization: A catalog of prebuilt content or automation flows using any combination of EA technologies- RPA+IDP, BaaS, AI, iPaaS.
- Picklist Proof of Delivery: Improve productivity and customer service with Infor Enterprise Automation (EA) processing and centralizing proof of delivery documents. Infor EA automates the picklist digital document capture, processing and management for customer service inquiries to improve productivity by at least 85% and shorten time to resolution.
- Invoice Processing & Matching: Improve productivity and vendor satisfaction with Infor Enterprise Automation (EA) processing invoices for payment. Infor EA automates the capture, matching, and invoice creation for vendor payment to improve productivity by at least 72% and shorten days to pay. Any exception errors are routed and corrected by a human.
Avoid risk & simplify compliance processes
What we do: Recalls can cause significant and costly brand damage to Food & Beverage manufacturers. Infor enhanced CloudSuite Food & Beverage keeps products and their labels compliant automatically, greatly reducing the chance of quality errors. Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage integrates quality testing into the manufacturing process and automates necessary recipe changes and label swaps in accordance with regional compliance standards. If a recall does occur, Infor allows for faster tracing of affected products to minimize impact.
Traditionally, ingredient swaps can cause enormous headaches for Food & Beverage suppliers – and their IT departments. Ingredient changes necessitate new rounds of quality tests, additional recipe adjustments, and the creation of new labels to meet regional qualifications. With Infor CloudSuite Food & Beverage, quality check processes and label updates are automated, reducing manual demand on teams to accomplish this important process without errors. With Infor solutions in place, one Food & Beverage customer experienced a 50% reduction in nutrition label creation time, and an 88% reduction in nutrition label reworks.
Key industry enhancements
- MES Quality Assurance Widget: Infor MES Quality Assurance Widget integrates consistent quality testing into the production process. This feature improves overall quality control and helps manufacturers avoid recall by collecting speedier, more accurate test results.
- Capacity Planning Workbench: Infor Capacity Planning Workbench is a tool that allows customers to adapt to daily changes in demand. With this new visual feature, users can optimize production from shift to shift, distributing work evenly to avoid overtime and reduce idle hours.
- Extensibility for Regulatory Compliance: New extension points build customized logic via XtendM3 to confirm put-away location. This new functionality improves safety regulation compliance by separating goods where needed. Examples include allergen regulations and managing hazardous material.
- e-Signature and e-Record: Improved audit assistance with electronic records. Increase user productivity with simplified signing process and capturing the complete set of data from multiple tables in a transaction. Improved FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance with automatic creation of electronic records data integrity with electronic records being protected from tampering.
Innovation In Action
Nutreco sustainably feeds the future with the power of digital transformation
Cloud ERP supports innovation, safety, and sustainability in food manufacturing
Ensure food safety, quality, and compliance with the best ERP for food and beverage
Consumers and regulators expect food and beverage manufacturers to take a proactive approach to quality and safety. Regulations are rigorous and the risks associated with failure are high. Food companies earn trust and brand value with the advanced quality management system, end-to-end food traceability software, and rapid recall capabilities our solution provides.
- Automate food safety processes and perform regular testing
- Meet legal and customer requirements with system-directed quality checks and tests
- Quickly identify root causes of food safety issues and perform accurate, targeted recalls
- Capture supply chain and manufacturing data from upstream and downstream processes
- Implement automated corrective actions
Speed up time to market with PLM software for food and beverage
Consumer preferences and available ingredients are constantly changing. To protect margins and grow market share, food manufacturers must introduce new recipes and products to market faster. Speed up product development with our product lifecycle management software for food and beverage that has unique workflows for PLM, ERP, and SCP.
- Calculate, simulate, and optimize nutritional values, allergens, and cost of formulations
- Ensure regulatory and customer requirements are met throughout the product development cycle
- Generate compliant product labels and ingredient specifications with built-in regulatory content
- Implement transparency that provides consumers with details from farm to fork
- Focus on product development ideas with the highest potential
- Improve effectiveness with a stage-gate product development process
Increase operational productivity and reduce waste with a modern Food and Beverage ERP
Margins in food manufacturing are thin and it’s important to be as efficient as possible. Food, water, energy and time waste must be minimized for profitability and sustainability. Implementing a modern food ERP system enables a digital transformation. Our cloud application platform optimizes food manufacturer operations for competitive advantages.
- Drive decisions for reducing waste and minimizing food safety risks using IoT sensor readings
- Avoid down time and food safety risks with predictive maintenance and embedded quality processes
- Optimize yield of livestock, milk, and crops based on cut, grading, and processing options
- Automate and improve productivity with embedded AI
- Be at the leading edge of Industry 4.0 innovations
Manage supply chain complexity with advanced planning and scheduling
Demand can be seasonal and changes can happen suddenly due to weather conditions or shifting sales channels and products. Supply chains can be disrupted due to poor harvests and issues in transportation. Our advanced demand planning, supply planning, and scheduling solutions offer visibility and enable you to optimize service levels against lowest cost.
- Leverage advanced statistical forecasting and demand sensing using machine learning
- Incorporate promotional and new product history for better decisions
- Balance stock-build, inventory holding costs, production capacity, overtime costs, and shelf-life
- Optimize yield of livestock, milk and crops based on cut, grading and processing options
- Minimize change overs, cleaning-in-place, and contamination risks with a synchronized and sequenced production schedule considering production line, labor, tank, and silo capacities
Drive profitable growth with an agile cloud-ERP for food
Today’s food and beverage organizations need complete enterprise-wide visibility and the agility to quickly respond to a changing market. Our smart, preconfigured and modern ERP for food and beverage offers the agility to quickly turn challenges and disruptions into a competitive advantage.
- Get insight into sales volumes and margins per sales channel, product, and package size
- Use external data sources, like point-of-sale information, to drive targeted product introductions and rationalizations
- Handle complex price, discount, and rebate agreements automatically and see the impact on profitability immediately
- Grab a bigger market share and become less vulnerable for demand changes by connecting new trading partners, marketplaces, and ecommerce to the digital platform
- Integrate acquisitions quickly and expand internationally thanks to world-class multi-company, multi-site and multi-country capabilities
Supporting all kinds of food and beverage companies
Efficiently manufacturing food ingredients means being able to control the specifications and formulas for a large number of SKUs. Securing the sourcing of compliant ingredients and being able to do a fast track and trace is critical. Our PLM and ERP solutions for food ingredient manufacturers provide the needed compliance and agility in this highly competitive industry.
Proud members of:
Food industry software products
- ERP for food and beverage
- Product lifecycle management for process manufacturing
- Infor MES solution to improve manufacturing operational performance
- Food industry supply chain planning
- Business intelligence for food and beverage
- Food Industry cloud technology
- Human resources for food and beverage
ERP for food and beverage
Infor CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage has built-in industry and sub-segment specific capabilities are at its core. The solution provides an exceptional user experience and powerful analytics in a multicompany, multicountry, and multisite platform. It’s a digital platform that enables food processors to innovate by adopting new technologies and new food and beverage industry-specific features that are made available continuously in the cloud.
- Process and fulfill sales orders accurately, down to the minute level, while considering the most cost-efficient options
- Meet legal and customer requirements with integrated quality management
- Quickly identify root causes of food safety issues and conduct accurate and targeted recalls
- Quickly implement preconfigured food and beverage processing best-practices
- Infor ERP
- Infor® OS
- Infor Birst®
- Infor Implementation Accelerators
See Infor CloudSuite for Food and Beverage
Product lifecycle management for process manufacturing
Infor® PLM for Process is a cloud-based, product lifecycle management solution specifically designed for food and beverage manufacturing. It maximizes the value of process manufacturers’ R&D teams and helps reduce the time spent performing key product lifecycle processes, such as new product development and introduction, formula optimization, regulatory compliance, and project management. The solution seamlessly integrates with ERP, customer relationship management, laboratory information management systems, and other key business tools.
- Shorten time to market for food and beverage products
- Prioritize new product developments with a stage-gate process
- Optimize recipe formulas to meet the requirements against lowest costs
- Ensure correct food label contents and formulas to meet legal and customer requirements globally
- Provide food supply chain transparency to consumers
See Infor PLM for process
Infor MES solution to improve manufacturing operational performance
Empower operators on the shop floor with a highly visual, IoT-enabled Manufacturing Execution System to achieve real-time control and visibility of all manufacturing operations in the factory and support data driven decision making.
- Create the smart factory with extensive MOM (manufacturing operations management) functionality across production, quality, inventory, and maintenance, centrally orchestrate operations, connecting to machines and equipment for real-time visibility and responsiveness
- Increase efficiency (OEE), reduce waste, and improve FTTQ (first time through quality)
- Accelerate time-to-value and ROI with a modular, highly configurable enterprise MES solution, offering 24/7 resilience
- Support your digital transformation journey in manufacturing operations
- Integrate with Infor Industrial CloudSuites and leverage rich manufacturing data in Infor OS
See Infor MES
Food industry supply chain planning
Infor® Supply Chain Planning is a powerful platform that balances supply and demand to optimize inventory, service, and performance across the entire food supply chain. Food and beverage companies can tap into solutions for demand planning and sensing, supply planning, production planning and scheduling, inventory optimization, and sales and operations planning.
- Increase forecast accuracy using advanced forecasting techniques, machine learning, and demand sensing
- Generate a balanced push-pull plan using linear programming solving in advanced planning
- Generate multiple scenarios to enable comparison and optimization of profitability and service levels
- Reduce transportation, overtime, and inventory holding costs
- Optimize the yield of livestock, milk, and crops to match demand in the most profitable way
- Respect tank and silo capacities and inflow/outflow constraints in scheduling
- Sequence optimization that considers changeovers and cleaning-in-place
Business intelligence for food and beverage
Infor Birst® Enterprise’s patented automation technology brings together and delivers trusted insights for food and beverage companies. From executives to front-line workers, all levels of the organization have access to the latest trends impacting your food and beverage business.
- Smarter decision making with AI-driven insights that explain why a KPI is trending up or down
- Higher analytics adoption with a modern solution designed for self-service and ease of use
- More confidence in decision-making with centralized governance across Infor and non-Infor applications
- Save thousands of hours of development and eliminate the need for multiple data integration, databases, and visualization solutions
See Infor Birst
Food Industry cloud technology
Infor® OS is a cloud operating platform that seamlessly connects services across all Infor CloudSuite™ industry solutions and many third-party solutions. Services range from essential, business-critical functionality to more advanced technology that’s capable of providing competitive advantages to food and beverage companies.
- Leverage a unified cloud infrastructure for single sign-on, mobility, security, and compliance
- Utilize seamless integration across Infor and non-Infor products
- Leverage an easy-to-use, unified, user experience across all applications
- Capture vital data from IoT devices
- Use advanced analytics and AI for guidance and automated decisions
- Ensure compliance, collaboration, and accountability with role-based homepages, alerts, and workflows
See Infor OS
Human resources for food and beverage
Infor® Human Resources is a leading-edge, end-to-end talent-focused solution. It can help you strategically align people initiatives and talent capabilities to your food and beverage business strategies.
- Get all the human capital management functionality you need in one complete solution
- Utilize a consumer-grade, personalized, role-based user interface
- Leverage relevant and timely data based on behavior science and analytics
- Gain complete employee visibility; hire, develop, and retain the right talent
- Boost employee performance and improve workforce effectiveness
See Infor Human Resources