1,500+ food and beverage manufacturers gain a sustainable operational advantage with Infor’s industry-specific enterprise software
Food & Beverage
The food and beverage industry is changing more rapidly than ever before, urging F&B manufacturers to future-proof their businesses. To meet this need, Infor® is evolving the traditional ERP with a cloud-based, industry-specific software solution. This advanced technology has the flexibility to expand as your organization grows, with the functional depth to meet the consumer demands of today and tomorrow. Here are some key challenges and goals that Infor helps its customers address every day.
Food safety and compliance
Securing food safety, managing recalls, and meeting customer and regulatory compliance requirements
Optimizing asset and equipment management while reducing food, energy, and water waste with the use of automation and Industry 4.0 technologies
Supply chain complexity
Improving supply chain transparency upstream and downstream; balancing production with capacity and seasonal supply and demand
Innovation and transparency
Keeping pace with food trends, regulations, and consumer demand for more product information, cleaner labels, healthier food, and a more sustainable food production
Evolving channels to market in order to maintain customer loyalty and support on-line sales, home deliveries, click-and-collect, and more
The future of F&B manufacturing technology
While 2020 enforced the idea of inevitable disruption, technology has played a major role in the resilience of manufacturers and their supply chains. A digital platform is getting more important every day to enable new technologies like AI, IoT, and deep machine learning. Discover how the effects of this past year are shaping the future of food and beverage technology. Hear from our industry experts about what to expect for F&B in 2021.
As part of an aggressive, acquisition-based drive for growth, health food and personal care specialist Midsona decided to standardize on Infor technology in the cloud, replacing five ERP systems throughout the group. Discover how this not only will deliver savings in terms of software license costs and a reliance on external consultants, but also accelerate operations and reporting.
Establish a foundation for digital transformation with industry-specific solutions
Based on decades of experience in the food and beverage industry, Infor has gained deep insight about industry best-practice processes of world-wide food and beverage manufacturers. Our cloud-based software products, including ERP, PLM, and EAM, have comprehensive and rich industry-specific functionality built-in, not bolted on.
Ensure food safety, quality, and compliance
Automate food safety processes and perform regular testing to prevent food quality issues
- Quickly identify root causes of food safety issues and perform accurate, targeted recalls with traceability software
- Meet legal and customer requirements consistently with a quality management module in ERP that supports system-directed quality checks and tests
- Connect IoT devices to ERP, capturing data from upstream and downstream supply chain and manufacturing process
- Implement automated data-driven corrective actions using machine learning and AI
Improve operational productivity
Optimize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) with a focus on sustainability and reducing water, energy, and food waste
- Improve asset and energy management and equipment efficiency through automation and use of IoT
- Increase asset productivity to extend asset lifecycles, support sustainability initiatives, minimize non-compliance issues, and reduce food and worker safety issues
- Minimize planned and unplanned downtime with best-in-class enterprise asset management
- Implement by-product use, recycling, and other eco-friendly practices
Manage supply chain complexity
Get more supply chain options and reach a greater number of customers while navigating conditions like weather, promotions, social media, and market disruptions
- Leverage advanced statistical forecasting and demand sensing using machine learning
- Incorporate promotional and new product history for better decisions
- Optimize service levels against lowest costs using state-of-the-art supply chain optimization algorithms
- Balance stock-build, inventory holding costs, production capacity, overtime costs and shelf-life
- Optimize yield of livestock, milk and crops based on cut, grading and processing options
- Minimize change overs, cleaning-in-place, and contamination risks with a synchronized and sequenced production schedule considering production line, labor, tank, and silo capacities
Enable innovation and transparency
Quickly introduce new recipes and packaging to protect margins and grow market share
- Focus on new product development (NPD) ideas with the highest potential and use a stage-gate product development process to be more effective
- Validate compliance with legal and customer specific requirements from new product idea to market introduction
- Calculate, simulate, and compare nutritional values, allergens, and cost of formulations
- Automatically generate product labels and ingredient specifications with built-in regulatory content
- Implement transparency to show consumers details from farm to fork to build food trust and brand value
Accelerate channel progression
Be omni-channel ready and flexible in adjusting the assortment and production volumes when changes occur
- Get insight into sales volumes and margins per sales channel, product, and package size
- Use external data sources, like point-of-sale information, to drive targeted product introductions and rationalizations
- Handle complex price, discount, and rebate agreements automatically and see the impact on profitability immediately
- Grab a bigger market share and become less vulnerable for demand changes by connecting new trading partners, marketplaces, and ecommerce to the digital platform
- Process and fulfill sales orders accurately to the minute level while considering the most cost-efficient options to meet demand
We understand the different needs per sub segment
Meat, Poultry and Fish
Fruits & Vegetables
Grains & Cereals
Confectionary & Snacks
Convenience Food & Ready Meals
Meat, poultry, and fish
The demand for finished products or “cuts” will never equate exactly to what is available from a cow, pig, lamb, chicken, turkey or fish. Each cut has its own profit margin and production costs. Optimal cuts and maximum yield is key for profitability while consumers demand transparency of the origin and evidence of animal wellbeing, free range, GMO-free, sustainability, and other claims.
Fat, protein, and lactose contents of the milk received from the farms determine the milk price and yield. Sustainability is a big theme in this sector, impacting raw milk volumes and margins. Many dairies are cooperatives looking for ways to improve margins for their members by innovating the assortment and finding new markets.
Having fresh-baked products on the shelf every day is critical for most baked goods manufacturers. Demand varies by day of the week and season, and ingredient prices and certifications can vary significantly impacting margins and potentially the specification of the product.
Most Critical Productivity Outcomes
margin increase annually
cost savings annually
less time to create nutrition labels
Infor Solutions for Food & Beverage
- CloudSuite Food & Beverage
- INFOR EAM
- INFOR PLM FOR PROCESS
- INFOR SCP
- INFOR BIRST ENTERPRISE
- INFOR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
- INFOR HCM
- INFOR SYTELINE FOR PROCESS MANUFACTURING
Infor CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage
CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage is a world-class ERP system for food and beverage producers and distributors with built-in industry and sub-segment specific capabilities at the core. It provides an exceptional user experience and powerful analytics in a multi-company, multi-country, and multi-site platform. It is a digital platform enabling food processors to innovate by adopting new technologies and new industry-specific features that are made available continuously in the cloud.
- Process and fulfill sales orders accurately to the minute level while considering the most cost-efficient options
- Meet legal and customer requirements with integrated quality management
- Identify root causes of food safety issues fast and do accurate and targeted recalls
- Quickly implement pre-configured food and beverage processing best-practices
- Infor M3
- Infor OS
- Infor Birst® Industry Analytics
- Infor Implementation Accelerators
Infor Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is best-in-class asset management software that can help digitize and optimize maintenance operations to reach new levels of efficiency. This 21st-century solution is built in industry-specific editions to address unique challenges. Unlike niche solutions that simply can’t grow, or ERP add-on products that require extensive customization, EAM is a purpose-built asset management software that's ready to scale and transform with any organization.
- Maximize reliability and OEE performance of assets
- Minimize downtime and food safety risks with condition-based maintenance and cleaning based on inspections and IoT
- Reduce energy, water and food waste
- Ensure compliance with regulations for food safety and a safe workplace
Infor PLM for Process
Infor PLM for Process is a cloud-based product lifecycle management solution specifically designed for food, beverage, chemical, and life science manufacturers. It maximizes the value of process manufacturers’ R&D teams and helps reduce the time spent performing key PLM processes, such as new product development and introduction, formula optimization, regulatory compliance, and project management. The solution seamlessly integrates with ERP, CRM, LIMS and other key business systems.
- Shorten time to market
- Prioritize new product developments with a stage gate process
- Optimize formulas to meet the requirements against lowest costs
- Ensure correct label contents and formulas to meet legal and customer requirements globally
- Provide transparency to consumers
Infor Supply Chain Planning (SCP) is a powerful end-to-end platform that balances supply and demand to optimize inventory, service, and performance across the supply chain. Businesses can tap into solutions for Demand Planning and Sensing, Supply Planning, Production Planning and Scheduling, Inventory Optimization, and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Increase forecast accuracy using advanced forecasting techniques, machine learning and demand sensing
- Generate a balanced push-pull plan using Linear Programming Solving in advanced planning
- Generate multiple scenarios to enable comparison and optimization of profitability and service levels
- Reduce transportation, overtime and inventory holding costs
- Optimize the yield of livestock, milk and crops to match demand in the most profitable way
- Respect tank and silo capacities and in-/outflow constraints in scheduling
- Sequence optimization considering changeovers and cleaning-in-place
Infor Birst Enterprise
With patented automation, Infor Birst Enterprise brings together and delivers trusted insights wherever decisions need to be made. From executives to front-line workers, all levels of the organization have access to the latest trends driving the business.
- Smarter decision making with AI-driven insights that explain why a KPI is trending up or down
- Higher analytics adoption with a modern solution designed for self-service and ease of use
- More confidence in decision making with centralized governance across Infor and non-Infor applications
- Save thousands of hours of development and eliminate the need for multiple data integration, databases, and visualization solutions
Infor® OS is a cloud operating platform that provides horizontal technology services across all of Infor’s CloudSuites and extends into third-party solutions as well. The services range from essential, business-critical functionality to more advanced high tech capable of providing competitive advantages to the enterprise.
- Unified cloud infrastructure for single sign-on, mobility, security, and compliance
- Seamless integration across Infor and non-Infor products
- A consumer grade and easy-to-use unified user experience across all applications
- Capture vital data from Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Become a data driven organization using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) for guidance and automated decisions
- Ensure compliance, collaboration and accountability with role-based homepages, alerts and workflows
Infor HCM is a leading-edge, end-to-end talent-focused solution that helps organizations strategically align people initiatives and talent capabilities to overall business strategies.
- Get all the human capital management functionality you need in one complete solution, with the broad capabilities from a single cloud HR vendor.
- Utilize a consumer-grade, personalized, role-based user interface with prebuilt, interoperable components across your HR organizational structures-world-wide.
- Use relevant and timely data, based on behavior science and analytics to engage employees and reach their greatest potential.
- Apply modern HR cloud technology to give you complete employees visibility; optimally hire, develop and retain the right talent.
- Boost employee performance, improve workforce effectiveness, and maintain control over your company’s talent strategy and HCM technology with a flexible, secure, and cost-effective cloud infrastructure.
Infor SyteLine for Process Manufacturing
Food, beverage, chemical, and life science manufacturers have unique requirements when it comes to manufacturing operations. Infor SyteLine for Process Manufacturing is built on 30 years of manufacturing ERP solution expertise of Infor SyteLine and a Process Industry Pack making it easy to adjust formulas, build batches based on exacting manufacturing specifications, and monitor and respond to the evolving regulatory environment.
- Manage multiple units of measure for any item
- Model formulas based on weight or volume as well as loss or yield percentages
- Account for materials used in the formula that are soluble or are removed from the process prior to packaging
- Resize a formula based on production needs, using percentages to accurately scale all of the components
- Maintain a full history of formulation revisions and be able to recall prior versions and place into production, as needed
- Issue materials quickly and efficiently by reporting in batch production quantities
- Take advantage of ERP functionality that addresses costing and lot traceability
- Infor SyteLine
- Process Industry Pack
- Infor OS
- Implementation Accelerator
Contact us and we'll have a Business Development Representative contact you within 24 business hours