1,500+ food and beverage manufacturers improve speed and productivity with Infor
Food & Beverage
Some business drivers facing today’s food and beverage manufacturers may feel familiar, but the specific challenges have evolved. Infor® helps food and beverage companies digitally transform and take a fresh look at core competencies. Here are some key challenges and goals that Infor helps its customers address every day.
Balance innovation and time to market with quality and compliance
Keeping pace with trends (e.g., eco-friendly packaging, plant-based recipes) and regulations requires agile systems.
Manufacturing and operations complexity
Margin pressure, increasing ingredient costs, and expensive manufacturing assets drive need for efficiency gains.
Supply chain complexity and lack of collaboration
Managing inventory, production capacity constraints, and transportation costs requires advanced orchestration.
Maintaining employee productivity
Recruiting and retaining, while addressing skills gaps creates compounded challenges.
Modernize processes and drive innovation to meet current industry needs
Industry 4.0 requires support for IoT, AI, machine learning, and advanced analytic technologies.
Micro-vertical expertise delivers business value faster
Meat, Poultry and Fish
Fruits & Vegetables
Grains & Cereals
Confectionary & Snacks
Convenience Food & Ready Meals
Solutions for your most critical challenges
Exceed customer expectations, maintain quality and compliance, tame the supply chain, and much more with cloud-based, Infor CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage and modern ERP, PLM, and EAM solutions for food and beverage manufacturers.
Enable rapid product innovation
Leverage modern technology to get products to market faster than the competition
- Manage recipes and continually optimize formulas and cost
- Accelerate new product introductions to meet consumer demand for change and variety
- Collaborate with partners on innovation to be first-to-market
Increase, quality, safety, and compliance
Reduce contamination and injuries, while maintaining end-to-end quality and compliance
- Achieve end-to-end quality management with visual traceability and graphical lot tracking
- Test according to specifications to meet to product, regulatory, and customer requirements
- Reduce non-compliance penalties, risk of injuries, and quality/contamination issues
Benefit from supply chain transparency
Optimize processes and seasonality, reduce costs, and collaborate across the end-to-end supply chain network
- Achieve upstream and downstream supplier transparency and traceability
- Leverage advanced statistical forecasting and demand sensing
- Efficiently manage fast-paced distribution to deliver near-perfect order fill rates
- Balance stock-build and demand for items with limited shelf-life
- Incorporate promotional and new product history for better decisions
Empower employee productivity
Increase employee efficiency and satisfaction
- Offer an intuitive and personal user experience to accelerate responsiveness and improve user adoption of IT investments
- Leverage insights from collaboration and role-based BI
- Utilize science-based analytics to recruit, train, and retain talent
Ensure operational excellence
Evolve assets and processes, and reduce costs—while delighting customers
- Minimize planned and unplanned downtime
- Improve asset and energy management and equipment efficiency through automation and use of IoT
- Implement byproduct use, recycling, and other eco-friendly practices
- Enhance warehouse management with highly configurable, mobile solutions
- Gain actionable insights to manufacturing, distribution, and purchasing costs
Productivity by the numbers
reduction in month-end reporting time
factory emissions reduction
reduction in time to create nutrition labels
Infor Solutions for Food & Beverage
- CloudSuite Food & Beverage
- INFOR EAM
- INFOR PLM FOR PROCESS
- INFOR SCP
- INFOR BIRST ENTERPRISE
- INFOR HCM
- Infor Industrial for Process Manufacturing
Infor CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage
CloudSuite™ Food & Beverage is a complete, yet flexible software solution that has all the right ingredients to help overcome business challenges that are unique to the Food and Beverage industry—such as managing short lead-times, evolving your channel-to-market strategy, and meeting ever-changing regulatory requirements.
- Forecasting and demand planning, down to hours and minutes
- Production planning and scheduling
- Shelf-life and seasonality management
- Tracking and traceability, Integrated quality management
- Recipe and least-cost formulation
- Labeling support for nutritional information, ingredients, and allergens
- Infor M3
- Infor OS
- Infor Birst® Industry Analytics
- Infor Implementation Accelerators
Infor Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is best-in-class asset management software that can help digitize and optimize maintenance operations to reach new levels of efficiency. This 21st-century solution is built in industry-specific editions to address unique challenges. Unlike niche solutions that simply can’t grow, or ERP add-on products that require extensive customization, EAM is a purpose-built asset management software that's ready to scale and transform with any organization.
- Maximize the reliability and performance of assets
- Predict equipment failure and carry out preventative maintenance
- Comply with strict legal and environmental regulations
- Streamline purchasing and procurement
- Track labor costs and reduce downtime
Infor PLM for Process
Infor PLM for Process is a cloud-based product lifecycle management solution specifically designed for food, beverage, chemical, and life science manufacturers. It maximizes the value of process manufacturers’ R&D teams and helps reduce the time spent performing key PLM processes, such as new product development and introduction, formula optimization, regulatory compliance, and project management. The solution seamlessly integrates with ERP, CRM, LIMS and other key business systems.
- Unify data and processes across the enterprise
- Develop and launch new products faster
- Ensure 100% global labeling compliance
- Deploy quickly in the cloud
- Utilize collaborative project management
- Improve formula optimization
Infor Supply Chain Planning (SCP) is a powerful end-to-end platform that balances supply and demand to optimize inventory, service, and performance across the supply chain. Businesses can tap into solutions for Demand Planning and Sensing, Supply Planning, Production Planning and Scheduling, Inventory Optimization, and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Reduce transportation, overtime, and inventory holding costs
- Predictive financial analysis and reconciliation
- Customized alerts for flexible forecasting
- Collaborative forecasting with sales, finance, production, customers, and trade partners
- Modeling of business cycles and demand spikes
- Optimize key supply chain variables such as capacity, material, inventory, and distribution constraints
- Real-time data to track and optimize the production schedule
- Scenarios guide resolution to capacity constraints, allocation challenges, new product surprises, and performance shifts
Infor Birst Enterprise
With patented automation, Infor Birst Enterprise brings together and delivers trusted insights wherever decisions need to be made. From executives to front-line workers, all levels of the organization have access to the latest trends driving the business.
Birst Enterprise accelerates the value of data through the following key capabilities:
- Smarter decision making with AI-driven insights that explain why a KPI is trending up or down
- Higher analytics adoption with a modern solution designed for self-service and ease of use
- More confidence in decision making with centralized governance across Infor and non-Infor applications
- Save thousands of hours of development and eliminate the need for multiple data integration, databases, and visualization solutions
Infor HCM is a leading-edge, end-to-end talent-focused solution that helps organizations strategically align people initiatives and talent capabilities to overall business strategies.
- Get all the human capital management functionality you need in one complete solution, with the broad capabilities from a single cloud HR vendor.
- Utilize a consumer-grade, personalized, role-based user interface with prebuilt, interoperable components across your HR organizational structures-world-wide.
- Use relevant and timely data, based on behavior science and analytics to engage employees and reach their greatest potential.
- Apply modern HR cloud technology to give you complete employees visibility; optimally hire, develop and retain the right talent.
- Boost employee performance, improve workforce effectiveness, and maintain control over your company’s talent strategy and HCM technology with a flexible, secure, and cost-effective cloud infrastructure.
Infor Industrial for Process Manufacturing
Food, beverage, chemical, and life science manufacturers have unique requirements when it comes to manufacturing operations. Infor Industrial for Process Manufacturing is built on 30 years of manufacturing ERP solution expertise of Industrial (SyteLine) and a Process Industry Pack making it easy to adjust formulas, build batches based on exacting manufacturing specifications, and monitor and respond to the evolving regulatory environment.
- Manage multiple units of measure for any item
- Model formulas based on weight or volume as well as loss or yield percentages
- Account for materials used in the formula that are soluble or are removed from the process prior to packaging
- Resize a formula based on production needs, using percentages to accurately scale all of the components
- Maintain a full history of formulation revisions and be able to recall prior versions and place into production, as needed
- Issue materials quickly and efficiently by reporting in batch production quantities
- Take advantage of ERP functionality that addresses costing and lot traceability
- Infor Industrial (SyteLine)
- Process Industry Pack
- Infor OS
- Implementation Accelerator